Tanner x Reader #1

Tanner P.O.V.

(Y/N) and I walk into orange base on Monday morning to see Gunner making something.

"Hey man. Whatcha doing?" I asked.

"Making a paper towel rope." He answered nonchalantly.

"Why?" (Y/N) asked.

"We're going to see if we can pull a car with it on rekt. I saw another youtuber do it and i wanted to see if I could replicate it." He responded.

Alrighty then. Well, I'm going to my office. I have a lot of work to do and many meeting to attend today. (Y/N) said. She kissed my cheek and started walking upstairs. "I'll see you later, babe."

(Y/N) was the co-producer of "Dope or Nope", helped out Matthias and Kevin with business matters for Hi5 Studios, and helped out with Chill Records when she could. So, I had no doubt that she was busy today. Sometimes I wonder how such a beautiful and intelligent woman chose me.

After some time, Gunner finished his paper towel rope and all the Rekt guys and I went to go test it out. I let Gunner tie it to my truck. I put the truck in neutral and Gunner began to pull.

"Holy crap! It actually worked!" I yelled as I jumped into the bed of the truck. After a couple minutes of dancing and playing around, Gunner suggested we try pulling Matt's Tesla. I jumped out of the truck bed and went to go park it while Gunner when to go get Matt's car keys.

Once Gunner got Matt's Tesla, we tied the rope to the car. Gunner pulled and pulled but it wasn't moving.

"Let me try." I said.

Gunner let go of the rope and I stepped into his place. I started pulling and the car started to move. I pulled harder, trying to get it to go further then, all of a sudden, the rope snapped. I fell backwards and that was the last thing i remembered before everything went black.

Gunner P.O.V.

I saw Tanner fall backwards. He hit his head pretty hard on the asphalt. I called out to him, but he didn't respond.

"Tanner, quit playing around and get up!" I yelled to him, but he still didn't respond. The other guys started calling out to him as well, but he still wasn't moving. I ran over to him and that's when I saw the blood. I gently shook him had called his name once again. I saw that he had busted his head open and he was knocked out cold. I started freaking out. I yelled for Woods to call 9-1-1 and for Connor to go get (Y/N).

Connor P.O.V.

After Gunner told me to go get (Y/N), I bolted to her office. By the time, I ran up the stairs and busted through her door, I was completely out of breath.

"Well, thanks for knocking." she joked.

" We have a crisis." I said finally catching my breath.

"Crisis? We can't have a crisis! My Schedule is already full!"

"(Y/N), it's Tanner." I told her. Her face paled.

"What happened?" She shouted in a panic as she jumped out of her chair.

"We were pulling Matt's Tesla with the paper towel rope, it snapped, and he fell backwards, hitting his head on the asphalt." I explained to her. Before i had a chance to say anything else, she ran out of the door.

(Y/N) P.O.V.

As soon as Connor told me what happened, I ran out of my office and made a Beeline for the warehouse. By the time I made to the back, they were already loading Tanner up into the the back of the ambulance. I tried to run to him but Mitch stopped me. I screamed at him to let me go, but his grip only tightened. My heart sank when I saw the puddle of blood. I fight harder to get free, but then I lost all my strength and started sobbing into Mitch's chest. He hugged me and said, "It's going to be okay. It just looks worse than it actually is. The medics said he was going to be just fine."

I stopped crying and demanded that I go to the hospital. Mitch said the only way I was going is if he drove me. A first I refused, but he wasn't taking no for an answer. We all hop into his car and we head off for the hospital.

Once we get to the hospital, I go up to the nurse's desk and ask to see Tanner. The nurse informed us that only one of us would be able to go in at a time. The guys all agreed that I should be the one to go in first. The nurse leads me into the back and to Tanner's room. Upon opening the door, I saw that he was sitting up and a fairly large bandage on his head. As soon as I saw him, I started crying again.

Tanner P.O.V.

I'm sitting up in the hospital when I hear a knock on the door. A nurse walks in with (Y/N) right behind her. When she comes in she starts crying. I call her over to me. She walks over and I grab her hand. "Hey." I say to her.

"Hey."

"Why are you crying?" I ask her.

"I don't like seeing you like this." She responded in a soft voice.

I pulled her down onto the bed with me. She laid her head on my chest and I kissed the top of her head.

"I'm okay now. You have nothing to worry about. I only had to get 4 stitches!" I tried to joke with her.

"4 too many." She sighed. "Please try to be more careful on Rekt."

"I promise I'll be more careful." I leaned down and kissed her. "I love you."

"I love you too." She said smiling. She laid her head back down on my chest and we both laid there in comfortable silence.