CHAPTER 11 - Family gathering.

"Pietro! Is something wrong?" Wanda asked, quickly sensing his mood.

"Veronica is celebrating her seventeenth birthday soon," Pietro admitted as he left himself feel the warm embrace of the armchair in the corner of his sisters room; "And I am not invited."

"So? Maybe it's just for family," Wanda suggested with a shrug.

"There is already invited over 300 people," he stated; "That means, there are over 300 people she would rather have there than me."

"Why does that bother you so much? I do know you like her, but you don't even know her that well," his sister pointed out.

"We talked. We had a proper talk. And she's as amazing inside as she is on the outside. She actually convinced me to allow people into my heart, to allow her into my heart, without even knowing she was the subject," Pietro complained.

"You sound different," Wanda commented, curiously eyeing her brother.

"I am," Pietro admitted after a short silence.

A knock sounded on the door, making both of the siblings look at it.

The door opened to reveal Natasha.

"May I have a chat with you, Pietro?" Pietro looked to his sister before nodding.

"What does 'draga mea' mean?" she asked, leaning her body against Wanda's desk. Pietro shifted uncomfortably in the chair that had seemed so comfortable only minutes ago.

"It means my dear in rumanien," he admitted. His sister had left her room to give the two some privacy, but Pietro was rather sure she'd be reading his mind after.

"Funny, I thought so too, but you wouldn't call Veronica 'your dear' after I had told you to stay away, so I thought maybe my rumanien was getting rusty." She looked at Pietro with piercing eyes.

"But then Bruce said it meant my dear, and I realised I was not in the wrong here," she hinted.

"Bruce said?"

"Yes. You see, Veronica doesn't speak rumanian, but now every single member of the Avengers knows someone called her draga mea. Ea ar putea fi draga ta, dar nu esti dragul ei, Quicksilver. Păstrați-l în pantaloni," She added calmly.

She might be your dear, but you're not hers. Keep it in your pants.

"N-am vrut să spun asta, Natasha. Tocmai a alunecat," Pietro answered, hiding his face behind his hands.

I didn't mean to say it, Natasha. It just slipped out.

"Then make sure it doesn't 'just slip out' again," Natasha decided before sighing.

"You're a good enough person, Pietro. But her dad won't like her dating an avenger. She needs to be as safe as she can be, and she's already involved enough," she explained.

"You think Tony will mind?"

"Tony has never been much of a dad to her. I was talking about Cap," she said with a smile.

"He is scary," Pietro admitted in a mumble.

"You ain't seen nothing yet, kid."

"DAD! I GOT THE INVITES!" I yelled, hoping to get some attention.

"Dad?" I repeated as I entered the living room and dropped the total of four boxes on the sofa table, having, with my good agility and strength, no trouble carrying them.