An End, A Beginning

...There once was a superficial girl that got herself in danger. Thankfully she was saved by a boy she would have never noticed otherwise. She began to get to know him better with time...

Zoe Park was terrified. Her nerves were shot all the time these days.

She knew that at some point Logan Lee would tire of being patient, and either hurt her or worse... force himself on her. At this point she wasn't sure if she would put it past him if not for his unbearable pride. 

She had only had 4 dates down from the 10 she had promised in order for him to leave Daniel Park alone. He'd already upped the ante on her by forcing her to let him paw at her at school, and by forcing her to post couple pics. 

She felt dirty, used, cheap.

... She saw how kind hearted and humble the boy was.  She saw how hard he tried to improve himself every day, and she was moved. Soon enough, her feelings began to grow for him, and in her heart he became her own little piggy knight...

A part of her knew Logan wouldn't simply walk away after that 10th date, but she was in too far at this point. Her only real hope was that he would keep his word. Earlier that week she had broken down in tears in the girl's bathroom at school. Thankfully no one saw her then. Now she was able to let it out in the privacy of the shower.

"So this is what Daniel felt like..." Zoe let her mind stay on that thought, as she let her tears run freely under the shower. Zoe was giving herself this moment of weakness hidden from everyone else. Once she was out she would have to put her new mask back on. 

A part of her wanted to share her fears however, that cowardly young girl. She even found herself going as far as reaching for her phone one more time and bringing it into the shower, her thumb hovering over the call button.

"Just need to do this 6 more times

"Just need to do this 6 more times... it's all up to me... " She repeated to herself, as she stared at Daniel's contact info on her screen. She took a couple shaky breaths, gaining control of herself slowly but surely.

"I'll... I'll take care of it, Piggy. I promise... Just... Don't come back till this is over ok?" Zoe spoke to her phone, a plea. She knew that Daniel wouldn't understand her going out with his tormentor from Middle School. 

Zoe tried to get herself ready for sleep, but her mind kept buzzing around and around. After the third time she got back out of bed and wandered around her room, she decided to put on some baggy clothes and get out of her claustrophobic house. Maybe a night time walk would help her clear her mind.

Her feet took her to the convenience store where her Piggy used to work. 

As she entered she saw the manager once more taking the night shift. A part of her felt a pang, but she was glad to see Daniel wasn't back. She quietly got some gum and kept on walking around the neighborhood.