Peer Pressure Part 11

<the next evening>

"Hey Zoe! Ready to head out?" Daniel greeted her as he walked up to her apartment building, where they had agreed to meet up before heading out to the get together.

"Yup! Ready to head out!" She answered perkily as she bounce down the last couple steps to greet him. At this point there wasn't any point in staying annoyed so she had decided to try and enjoy the evening.

"Y-you look nice... your outfit I mean." Daniel said somewhat hesitantly. Zoe was dressed in some cute shorts and a polo shirt, and looked quite nice.

"Thanks! I think I'm going to focus on the preppy/sporty look while the weather is still nice outside." Zoe replied with a smile. This was actually a pretty common topic of conversation for fashion department students, so she didn't think much about it, though it was a bit out of character for Daniel. It was probably since she didn't hit on him this time around he felt less weird about talking about looks and fashion with her.

They went on their way, going through more and more run down areas until they walked through an alleyway off the Main Street. This place was basically frequented by folks that otherwise wouldn't be allowed anywhere else. It even allowed smoking inside.

Daniel for some reason had looked excited up till they opened the door and a wave of cigarette smoke wafted into their faces

'Ugh this dump is even worse than I remembered,' Zoe thought to herself as she tried to stop herself from sneezing. To be honest she hated cigarette smoke, it always got stuck in hair and clothes.

"Hey Daniel you made it! Over here buddy! ah, and you brought Zoe huh?" Doo waves at them from the table where the other two stooges and Zack were sitting. "Come and Sit, you must be hungry." The Elvis looking one added.

" The Elvis looking one added

"What the f##k?! What's he doing here?!" Zack yelped when he saw them walking over

"Oh come on Zack, we just thought it would be best for you two to bury the hatchet you know?" The lackeys cajoled as they made way for Daniel and Zoe to sit down.

"Yeah Zack, wouldn't want to end up fighting around Mira again anyway rrrrright?" Zoe proceeded to put her two cents in and needle him too. "I mean, this way you can tell her that you were mature and talked it out with Daniel here hmmmmm? I'll be nice and even throw in a good word to her for you."

"... fine!" Zack snarled as he crossed his arms.

"There you go! Now, what's good to eat here?" Zoe clapped cutely as she got her way before reaching over and grabbing one of the menus.

"... huh? Oh! Uh the barbecue beef is pretty nice, and there's a special on beer or we can get a bottle and do shots if you guys are up to it, maybe some drinking games eh?" Doo stuttered l, shaking himself from whatever had distracted him on the table. The other boys beside Daniel and Zack weren't much better. Oh well, these guys were pretty spacey.

"Um actually I don't dr-" "nah, you guys can do your drinking games but I'm not doing alcohol tonight... but I am starving!" Zoe interrupted Daniel's reply.

"trying to look ladylike for pretty boy? He know your porker fetish hmm?" Zack muttered under his breath, getting elbowed by Doo, who then proceeded to harshly whisper at him "dude, this sausage fest needs some eye candy, let it go!"

"Well more for us guys then! Right big guy? Yup! Be right back!" Doo interrupted Zack before getting up to let the owner know they wanted a bottle and glasses.

"... but-but I don't drink?" Daniel mumbled to himself.

——-

"So Daniel... Where do you live?" Doo asked as he handed out shot glasses to everyone, completely ignoring Daniel's subtle attempts at declining the drink.

"Huh? Oh I live alone" Daniel replied. 

'wait a second, what about my Piggy?' Zoe looked at her friend suspiciously as the boys started to bombard him with requests to go hang out at his place. Was he trying to hype himself up?

"I-I-I mean I live with a friend, so it wouldn't be great to hang out at my place." Daniel backtracked a bit.

"Oh, a friend? Does he go to our school?"

"Nah... actually, he's a dropout." Daniel 

All the other guys seemed to be shocked as Daniel continued to give excuses. 

It kind of irked Zoe to hear how Daniel was describing Danny-Poo, being so vague that it was making him sound like a delinquent

It kind of irked Zoe to hear how Daniel was describing Danny-Poo, being so vague that it was making him sound like a delinquent. Part of her understood his reasoning though. If her Piggy had spoken to his roommate, then Daniel may just not want people that had bullied Danny-Poo around where they would see him.

It was still a bit more scummy than she was used to from Daniel. Come to think of it, this had pretty much happened just like last time. 

'Was Daniel trying to protect his friend then too, or was he embarrassed? Maybe they become closer after Danny-poo rescued him from over drinking?' Zoe got distracted as she tried to figure it out.

As the boys needled Daniel and Zack kept slamming back shots, the proprietress came by.

"If these are all of you that are going to show up, just make sure to keep it down ok?"

===============================

Author's notes: I've had this written up for almost a whole year, decided to post it as I slowly get back into Lookism again. Real Life has been too exciting this last year, hopefully now it's settled enough I can focus on practicing my writing a bit more.