Working out! Part 7

Zoe had thought long and hard all day about how to get over her fears she'd started having from the future flashbacks playing with her mind.

She still felt really guilty for making big Daniel feel like he was scaring her earlier in the day.

'If I just work out, and take some self defense classes!'

Zoe knew that she wouldn't be able to go toe to toe against a guy with serious training, but all she had to do was learn enough and be fit enough to be confident she could get away to safety if she needed to.

So she went and joined a gym nearby that was 24 hours, which also offered some introductory self defense classes for women. Even though it was just the first day, it already helped her feel more confident in herself.

Zoe was ready to work out! She walked into the main floor were all the exercise equipment was located, and begun using one of the elliptical machines with her headphones on so she could focus her energy.

People came and went around her, until someone waved their hands near her face to get her attention.

"Hi there doll, you're looking good." Looking up, Zoe saw it was a twenty something year old guy, the type that lived at the gym from the looks of it.

"Uh... ... thanks?" Zoe replied, trying to be polite as she tried to refocus on her workout.

"Why don't you give me your number, maybe I could give you some pointers and we could exercise together hmmm?" The gym bro kept at it.

'Ugh, dude I'm sweaty and trying to focus here, can you leave me alone?' Zoe tried to just ignore him.

"Hey! It's rude to ignore someone like that!" Apparently he couldn't take a hit as he got up in her space, looking indignant

"She's not interested, take a hint fool." The girl on the elliptical behind her suddenly butted in. "Want me to get you kicked out? Besides she's underage or can't you tell, you weirdo!"

The man blushed and stuttered as the wind was taken out of his sails, before slinking off. Zoe looked at her savior, gasping as she realized she knew who it was.