The Corner Store Part 4

After leaving school, Zoe had rushed home deep in thought. Today had been surreal, but Zoe had gone through it with her customary optimism. Seeing Big Daniel at school had been the surprise of the century, and the way he turned to be so much like how she remembered was incredible.

'Though... maybe he was more nervous and less stoic than I remember the first time around?' Zoe didn't realize how she had gotten much better at understanding Daniel's micro-expressions through the year in her dreams, as he simply tended to become a blank slate when nervous.

The first time around, what she had thought was a cool stoic reaction, this time around she was able to correctly read that he had been extremely nervous. It was why she ended up being able to be so natural around him, as she focused on helping her friend calm down and be at ease.

'But... seeing the future... that's not possible right? Did I really know Daniel's name beforehand, or my mind filling it in now that he showed up?' Zoe felt like she couldn't even trust herself. She lay on her side hugging her pillow to her chest. There were also darker thoughts in the back of her mind that she had been actively ignoring till she was back in the safety of her room.

'Ji Ho... Zeus...Gangnam Landlord... Logan... I need to figure this out! ... If I saw the future... I don't want to die...' Zoe's tears began to drip from her face as her fear momentarily got a hold of her. However Zoe was a brave girl, had always been, and she was actually smarter than most people thought. She was one of the best at math after all, and her grades were all pretty good. She was just a bit naive, and an optimist, and once puberty had hit she had realized that acting 'girly' was something she was expected to do, so she had hidden a lot of her nerdy self. However, she trusted that she could figure something out for herself.

'First step, figure out if it was a coincidence, or if I actually predicted the future.' Zoe pulled out one of her new notebooks, and began writing down things she remembered from her flashbacks. This way she would be able to reference it later and verify things in the case of something else occurring.

She wrote them in reverse chronological order, as the more 'recent' memories were sharper than the ones from 'a year ago'. She also noticed how she remembered things that she was sure she hadn't been around for. These felt a bit different, almost like she had read about them, in difference to the items she felt as if she had experienced. There was no way she could know what her little piggy had been up to while she was distracting Logan, nor the details around his family trip with his cousins.

She made sure to put a little star besides the stuff that felt like memories, and question marks around the ones that clearly came from somewhere else. Once she was done, she noticed that her first meeting with her Piggy knight would come up on the night she went drinking with the three stooges and big Daniel.

'Maybe this is the reason he took too long to get a clue? Did Danny-poo think I was dating Daniel or Zack? I mean... picking up his blacked out drunk roommate may not be the best first impression either...'

Zoe knew what her next test would be. 'Time to see if Piggy is back at the convenience store'.

==