Prologue

12 Years Earlier

A six year old me sat eagerly on the edge of a lake, peering in. I counted down from five and just on time, a controlled explosion occurred in the depths of the lake, but no sound was heard. I cheered. "My hypothesis was correct!" I quickly wrote down the results and started another equation. "With adjustments for changes in gravity, and lack of oxygen, all assumptions made, the result should be the same in space." I looked up at the night sky and sighed. "I wish I could go to the space, dad gets to have all the fun.." I mumbled, looking down. I heard a bush rustle as a man with tanned skin and sparkling red eyes walked out, I put on an oblivious child act, controlling my emotions. "Can I help you sir?" I asked in the cutest voice I could muster. "No need to act child, I am here to offer you something, as you are very special." I dropped the act and sighed. "Go ahead." He smiled. "My name is Ryuu and I have an offer for you, Emma Holt. I can help you fulfill your wish and show you how to master the powers you have, I'm sure you've seen them before." I nodded, once when cooking, I somehow sprouted fire from my hands and set the microwave on fire, I was curious if I was truly human from then on, but hadn't had a chance to test it. "Why do you care?" He smiled. "I am not human, as you aren't. We are from the planet Mycea and are called Myceans. All of us have elemental power in tune with nature. I also have fire and wish to help you master it. We were originally from Earth, but discovered space travel and left hundreds of thousands of years ago, we were the Mycenaeans, or, those of us who remained on Earth for the longest time were. Your mother was from our planet but wished to leave to Earth, her request was accepted, but we had to erase her memories so that no one on Earth discovered our existence too early. Do you wish to come with me, Emma Holt?" I was shocked, aliens are real. This was my chance, I should take it, it's the most logical thing to do. "I will come with you, let me just tell my family and pack." I was about dash home, when he grabbed my arm. "Wait, Emma, you don't understand. If you tell your family, you will surely become an experiment. Your brother will tell your parents if you just tell him, and your little sister, Katie, is always by your mother's side. If you pack, they will become suspicious, we must leave immediately." My eyes widened as I realized he was right. I took a deep breath and thought of my family as I nodded. "You're right, let's go." He led me to his home on Earth, before we left in what looked like a fighter jet with just enough seats. As we flew off into space, cloaked the whole way, I silently cried as memories of my family flashed through my mind. I'll miss you all, mom, dad, Matt, and little Katie. Maybe one day I'll see all of you again, even just one of you would be fine with me.