Chapter 7 - Bonding

{Fran's P.O.V}

I walked down the hall away from Barmin who had now slid down to the floor. I don't know why but I feel like we can trust them but I don't think Becca does... So we've gotta change that! I picked up my pace because I wanted to work some more on my latest artwork. But as I was about to turn the corner I bumped into someone with a thud and landed on the floor.

Now, my butt and forehead hurt. I lifted a hand to rub my forehead that had hit the chest of whoever I bumped into.

"Oh my! I'm so sorry F!" A familiar deep voice meets my ears. I look up and come face to face with Dyjoon who's kneeling on the floor in front of me a few inches away. He stumbles back a little in shock of how close we were just seconds before.

"N-no, it's my fault," I say flustered, a light blush dusting my cheeks. "I was running when I should have been walking. Sorry." He let out a deep chuckle, stood up and stuck out his hand for me to take. I took it and he helped me up on my feet. I felt the pain on my tailbone and winced, that's going to be annoying to deal with.

I was about to leave when he began to speak, "So... Why were you running?" I spin on my heel to face him, a smile displayed on my face, thinking of the art I was planning on working on.

"Well, I wanted to carry on with a piece of art that I started a while back." Dyjoon nodded.

"May I come?" My smile grows wider and I nod happily.

———

Once we made it to the art room, I scurry over to the barely touched work. Dyjoon follows behind me curious. He tilted his head slightly, "What is it a drawing of?" He questioned.

My eyes shined with glee, "It's a surprise for B. It's of her, me and..." He turns his head towards me, confused.

"And?"

A sad smile plays across my lips, "And mother..."

I can feel my eyes sting slightly of the thought of her, I wanted to cry, but then I remembered, mother doesn't want us to cry because of her, she doesn't want her to be the reason why we're sad, it'll hurt her and make her feel bad. Dyjoon's smile drops as he sees my sad expression. I'm glad he doesn't ask me more about mother. I'm not ready to talk about it yet.

"Where did you learn to paint?" He asked clearly trying to change the subject. I answered him with all my enthusiasm towards art.

"I was given art supplies from my mother and so I taught myself. Then B got interested so I started to teach her what I had taught myself and here we are now!" Dyjoon had a huge dimple smile plastered on his face while he was listening to me. "You don't mind if I continue painting? I'd like to finish this in the near future." I asked him but he just stood there in his thoughts. He's kinda cute... Nope! He's weird! Yes... Very weird!

He nodded and told me he'll just sit and watch me. I then began to paint, starting with Becca, concentration took over me in a matter of seconds. Mindlessly, my teeth met my bottom lip as I slowly bit on it. It was an unknown habit of mine whenever I'm extremely concentrated and serious about a piece of work.

The brush glided across the canvas leaving a strip of colour behind it, it always seemed to fascinate me every time. I didn't notice Dyjoon staring at me the entire time I worked. Once I made it to Becca's eyes, I made sure to make the different colour in her left eye more visible since she, somehow, loved it, when as I hated mine in my right eye. Her left eye was light brown with a mix of green, blue and yellow dotted around the place, and her right was a pure green with a tint of blue and yellow. I loved the colour of her eyes but how could she just put it on display so easily? It was surely a symbol of our curse!