Chapter Seventeen: Sneaking In

I followed Blake back to the truck and we started driving in the opposite direction that we lived. The rocky mountains we getting closer to us as we drove.

“Where are we going?” I asked Blake, but he just shook his head. I knew him, and he wasn’t going to tell me anything.

He parked the truck at the bottom of one of mountains and we both climbed out. By this time, the sun had already gone down, leaving us in the darkness of the night. I looked at Blake confused, but he apparently knew exactly where he was going. He walked towards the entrance to the hiking spot and hopped the fence.

“Blake!” I hissed “were going to get into shit loads of trouble!”

“Relax Ellie” he said “honestly do you have any fun?”

I looked at him annoyed. He just smiled from the other side of the fence and waved, waiting for me to come over, but I stayed put.

“Ellie” he whined “I've literally done this a thousand times. No one’s ever around at this time.”

I rolled my eyes and walked over to the fence.

“I swear if we get caught it’s on your head.”

He smiled “I’ll agree to that.”

I looked both ways to make sure no one was watching before I hopped the fence to meet Blake on the other side. He smiled at me for joining him and without saying anything, continued along the narrow path that led up the mountain.

I was hesitant. Never in my life had I done anything bad. But this summer, I was turning into a whole other person. It started with a first kiss, and from there went to going to my first party, and now I was sneaking into a hiking facility for my second (though I was going to consider it my first since that one didn't go so well) date.

“Are you coming?”

 I snapped back into reality to barley make out Blake far ahead of me on the trail. I wondered how long we were going to be out here. It was completely black out and my parents were probably be wondering where I was by now. I wondered if Blake mentioned anything to them when I called him earlier all in a panic.

“Yeah” I replied, and continued following him up the mountain.

“You know” I said after a few minutes of walking “I don’t understand why we have to go on a hike at this time of night. Can’t we do something else? I’m tired Blake.”

“Awe” he mocked “whittle Ellie is tired”

He must have seen the look on my face through the darkness because he started to laugh. I cracked a smile too. His laugh always made me laugh.

“Trust me Ellie” he said “once you get up to where I’m bringing you, you’re going to thank me for this long walk.”

“But my legs hurt” I complained “considering the amount of physical activity I’ve accomplished today, I deserve to be tired”

“Ellie” he looked at me blankly “you’re a competitive swimmer. Do you honestly expect me to believe that?”

“Yes.”

He shook his head and laughed again. I wasn’t that tired, but I really didn't want to hike up this mountain, Even if it was barely big enough to be considered a mountain.

“What do you want me to do?” he asked “carry you?”

“That’d be nice” I joked. But Blake apparently took it a little seriously. He walked over to me and flung me over his shoulder, and continued to walk. I didn't kick or anything that was expected, instead, I just hung loosely over his shoulder, enjoying the fact that I didn't have to walk anymore.

“You know” Blake said “you might want to move a bit. It looks like I carrying a dead body.”

I giggled as he put me down and I turned around the face the pathway. We were somewhere in the middle of the mountain, on the edge of a cliff that was guarded by a railing. I walked over to the edge and rested my arms on the rail.

 It was such an amazing view. I could see everything from the lake to the center of town, and to Blake’s enormous cottage. I looked up and could probably count a thousand stars. That was something you would never see any night back home.

“This is so beautiful” I said, turning to look at Blake.

“Yeah” he said “a lot like you.”

He leaned in and kissed me. It was everything a girl could ever want. I was in an extremely romantic place with the guy I’ve always dreamed of being with. These things didn't happen in real life. They only happened in books and movies.

“You know” Blake said to me when we parted our lips. “I like this a whole lot better than fighting with you”

“Well” I replied “remember what my mom said before we left. There is no fighting on vacation”

We both laughed and continued to look out at the view. The reflection of the moon sparkled on the water. I wished I could stay in this spot forever. My life was near perfect at this very moment.

“Come on” Blake said to me “we should get back. We wouldn’t want our parents to worry”

I smiled and took Blake’s hand as I followed him down the trail and back home safe and sound.

well there we have it!! hope you guys liked this chapter :) i might include a fifth part to this chapter (when Diana confronts Ellie about her date(s)) or i might have that wait until Thursday. anyways as always let me know what you guys think!

P.S. i am going on vacation next week so this might be the last part until i get back. hopefully i have time to write and upload another part, but i am going to focus on writing the next part of enchanting before i leave so dont be upset if i dont update for awhile