Chapter Eighteen: Confrontation

Thursday

“Ellie!”

I woke up to find my sister, right in my face. She had a huge grin on her face. Sometimes, I really wondered whether I was the older sister or not, because she tended to act like a kid all the time.

“Go away Di” I told her, but she didn't move. I rubbed my eyes and propped my pillow up.

“Okay” I said, sitting up “you win. What do you want?”

“How’d your date with Adam go?” she asked me curiously. Of course that’s what she wanted to know. She’d probably been waiting all night until I woke up so she could ask me.

“It didn't” I told her “he’s a real dick. I left ten minutes into the movie.”

It was technically the truth, but I wasn’t going to tell her what he tried to do. It wasn’t important anyways. Plus, if she knew, mom would know, and the two of them would make it into a big deal.

“So then where were you the rest of the night?” she asked me.

“With Blake” I told her. “I asked him to pick me up and well...”

“OH MY GOD!” she shrieked “you and BLAKE! Holy crap! Moms going to be so happy!”

“Relax Diana” I said to her “it was just one date. And besides, it’s not a big deal”

“Not a big deal?” she said annoyed. “Ellie! Mom and Mariah have been planning your guys’ wedding since you were four! It’s the biggest deal in the world!”

I still couldn’t understand why it was a big deal. Yes, it was true that my mom and Mariah had been planning a wedding for us, but those dreams stopped when six years had passed since the last time we talked. And I was the one who loved Blake. He never had interest in me, up until now.

“I can’t believe my baby sister has a boyfriend!”

“He’s not my boyfriend Diana” I told her “we’re just dating”

“For now” she said. “But don’t be surprised if the mothers start up those wedding plans again once you tell them”

“Then they’re not going to find out until its official” I told her. My sister smiled at me and ran out of the room.

“Diana what the hell are you doing?”

I followed her down the hallway and into the kitchen, where both of the mothers were sitting drinking tea and talking. They both looked up as they saw us girls enter the kitchen.

“Where’s dad?” Diana asked my mom.

“He and Daniel went golfing for the day” she told her. My sister nodded.

“Then I think this is an appropriate time to tell you guys”

“Diana I swear to god!”

“Ellie!” my mother scolded.

I heard footsteps behind me to see Blake walk into the kitchen, only wearing a pair of track pants. He obviously just woke up, because his eyes were sleepy and his hair was a disaster.

“What’s all the noise?” he asked sleepily. “I heard Ellie and Diana bickering across the house”

“Okay girls” she said to Diana and me “what’s going on”

Diana smiled widely and I braced me for the reaction of the two women who wanted Blake and me together more than Diana.

“Blake and Ellie are going out!” she said happily. My mother looked at me, then at Blake and then back at me. My face felt bright red.

 I wasn’t the type of girl who would announce this kind of thing to my mother. I would rather she found out when the time was right, or at least at when we were alone one night drinking tea on the couch where we could talk without the entire house listening in.

My mother’s grinned “well finally!”

I looked at Blake who was standing there awkwardly. He looked back at me and smiled, taking my hand in his. We were official now.

“You know” my mom said to Mariah “Ellie’s had a crush on Blake since she was a little girl!”

“Mom!” I said embarrassed. She looked at me and smiled

“Relax Elena” she said “you have nothing to be embarrassed about. You two are together now.”

“This calls for dinner plans” Mariah said smiling “I’ll call La Champignon and reserve a table for tonight!”

I walked out of the kitchen and back into my room, to leave the mothers to discuss their plans for us. What happens if we don’t work out? What if we don’t end up together forever? Our mothers would be crushed.

“Ellie?” I saw Blake in the doorway and he walked in, shutting the door behind himself. He walked over to the bed and lay down beside me. We both stared at the ceiling and didn't say a word. I pulled him closer and rested my head on his chest.

“Don’t worry about our moms” he said to me “they don’t matter. The only one who matters here is you and me.”

“I know” I said to him “but what if we don’t work out? They’ll be crushed! They’ve expected us to get together since we were kids”

“Ellie” he said to me “we’re going to work out, trust me.”

I smiled and he leaned forward and kissed me.

hey guys! so this is just a short part to give you something to read while im gone so you dont have to wait as long for an update. anyways, im thinking of naming the chapters instead of doing the whole Pt. 1 Pt. 2 thing. it'll be too confusing once i get to the second friday of the story, dont you think? anyways, hope you liked this chapter, leave a comment telling me what you think and i'll see you in a week! <3