Awakening

~Started and Completed (11-9-18 or November 9th, 2018)~

Lamb's eyes slide open to the sight of their home, a view she had not seen in hundreds of years.

She shifts her gaze from the dark molten grey stone above and to where heat radiates across the right side of her bare, hairless form.

She already misses the thick, luscious mane of white that defied gravity atop her head, her ears that had hung down over her shoulders, her short tail, and the clouded white fur that covered her body and flared out from her hand to her elbows and her black hooves that had short, dark fur up to her shins. She moves a hand to rest on her face and mourns the loss of her black wolf-eared mask her fingers failed to trace.

Oh how she wishes to shift into her original form and relish what she is missing, but the universe must have a reason for planting her in this body. So she will stay.

Because that does not matter now.

There is Wolf by her side, his massive dark-furred body that had often been smog is contained inside the pale skin of a muscular man of scars, decorated with a shock of white hair at the front of his black hair a reminiscent of the color his ram-mask had been where it rested around his eyes.

He is still slumbering, though with her now awake it is only a matter of time before her companion is beside her once again.

Lamb pushes herself up, looking over her form and determines quite quickly she is inside a male body, reaching around for a sash that she ties around her waist. After it is settled she crawls over to the shimmering shallow pool, staring down at his reflection that stares back at her.

Her skin is as white as freshly fallen snow, but this body has straight hair at chin-length that curls around her jaw that is still rather feminine. It is the same black shade as Wolf's fur had been and is as black as his current hair, save for the white shock over his forehead. Her hearing is the same, even though her ears are short stubs, and her nose is about as small as a button.

What distresses her the most is the aurora borealis that lived in her eyes has lost the green, purple, and pink after the halfway-point up, where only the pale crystalline blue remains. She hangs his head but brings it up quickly when Wolf groans and shifts from behind her.

"Are you awakened now, dear Wolf?" She asks, pulling himself up to walk over.

"I am," Wolf groans. He too seems to take stock of his smaller body, twisting his limbs around in front of him. When he speaks his maw does not drip darkness, and his throat does not glow blue with heat...but he is hers all the same.

"Why these forms, little Lamb?" Wolf asks. His voice no longer a rumbling bass that strikes fear into mortals, but simply baritone and rough with disuse.

Even Lamb's own voice has changed. While her voice had been soft and soothing, a deep feminine tilt to it in her original form, it is now deeper and more masculine — leading her voice to come out with more of an androgynous sound.

"I believe it is the case of blending in, Wolf." She bends down, bringing a soft hand to cradle Wolf's face into a tilt toward her. "But it is a joy to see you in the flesh again, my dear."

Wolf's eyes are flecked with green from the aurora borealis inside the blue, she is happy to realize this. They widened at the sight of her, a toothy smile spreading across his face that has no malice. "You look good, Lamb. This body fits you."

Lamb hums softly. "Thank you, Wolf, but we have more pressing matters than my form at this moment."

Wolf rolls his eyes in good nature, rising to his feet to saunter over to the second sash shamelessly. "Can I not appreciate you, Lamb? I don't see you like this often."

"You can get a sash on and meet me at the tunnel entrance, so we can head to the entrance. It is indecent to stand like that before a lady, you know. Besides, we have a hunt."

Wolf perks up, body shaking in anticipation and thrumming with energy as he hurries his steps. "A hunt." Wolf's eyes pin Lamb down, a blue fire lighting them up with a feral nature that lets a bit of his true-voice slip out. "Tell me again, little Lamb, which things are mine to take?"

Lamb smiles, holding out a hand. "All things, dear Wolf."