Chapter 6 - "MA'AM" *Edited*

A/N: Hope everyone had a Wonderful Christmas and had a Wonderful start to the new year. Here's another slow and gradual moving chapter.

Stefan noticed a big difference in Elena. She was a little bit more talkative, especially when Katherine was here. Stefan loved this new side of Elena and it made him want to be with her even more. The first day back at school had come around and Stefan had wanted to talk to her about how she was going to get to school. Stefan drove to school in his car and she was more than welcome to come with him in his car to school or she could ride the bus. Stefan walked to her bedroom door and knocked.

"Come in" Elena says quietly.

"Hey, we start back at school tomorrow, I drive myself to school, you are more than welcome to come with me and we can go together or you can catch the bus if you would like to" Stefan asks.

"I'll take a ride with you if that's okay" Elena responds.

"Sure is, we leave at 7" Stefan says and leaves her room and closes the door behind him.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stefan waited leaning against his truck. Elena came through the door of the house and saw Stefan leaning against his truck who smiled as he saw her walk through the door. She was wearing a 'Metallica' t-shirt that went to her knees and wore a pair of black skinny jeans under it. She walked to the passenger side of the car and opened the door and she saw Stefan still leaning against the car.

"You coming?" Elena asks.

"Yes Ma'am" Stefan answered and smiled as she laughed at his words.

They started driving and there was a lingering silence between them.

"I'm going to have to get use to you calling me 'Ma'am' aren't I?" Elena asks

"Yes, you are" Stefan answers with a smile.

"Do you always call women 'Ma'am'?" Elena asks.

"Most women, it shows a sign of respect or I say it if I like the person" Stefan answered.

Elena sits back in her seat and looks out the window thinking of what Stefan had just said, does that mean he likes her? she thinks. They ride the rest of the way to school in silence.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stefan introduced Elena to some of his friends like Matt Donovan, Caroline Forbes, Tyler Lockwood (who Stefan explained was dating Caroline). They were all nice to her because Stefan had told them to be on the phone during the holidays, but they would have been nice regardless. Stefan gave her a tour of the school so she knew where everything was. They eventually made their way to the office where Elena got her time table and filled in her forms.

"Where are the lockers?" Elena asked quietly.

"We don't really have lockers here at schools in Australia" Stefan answered.

"So lockers is like only an American thing is it?" Elena asks.

"Must be, but we do sell them here in Australia for workplaces and only very few schools have lockers but not for everyone, mainly private and catholic schools" Stefan answered.

Elena nodded and Stefan showed her to her classroom and then went to his own.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"How was first and second period?" Stefan asks just as he meets her at break at the meeting spot Stefan had told her about.

"Fine, Mathematics and English" Elena answers.

"Do you dislike Maths and English?" Stefan asks.

"Yeah I very much dislike them but I do very well in them. What did you have?" Elena asks.

"Science and Geography" Stefan answers.

"We should probably find your friends" Elena says

"Right" Stefan said.

Stefan didn't really want to find his friends he selfishly wanted to just hang out with Elena and see if she was up for talking and getting to know each other better. They had continued their day and Elena had meet Stefan at his car at 3:00 and he drove them both back to the farm where he got stuck into his chores. Elena had become accustomed to them as she herself had gained chores like washing up, washing clothes, cleaning benches and cooking dinners on Fridays. Elena didn't exactly like chores but it kept her busy and most of the time she was bored if she wasn't reading. Elena had all this free time because she wasn't dancing anymore Elena hopes this year goes by quick and she can be back sooner and she can start dancing again.

Ric had recently come inside to start cooking dinner as it was his night to cook. Dinner was nearly ready and Ric was serving it when Stefan and Damon came in. Elena hadn't that much of Damon not that she cares but when they have seen each other he was always polite towards her.

"Dinner is served" Ric stated as he sat down in front of his plate of food.

"Thanks Ric this is really nice" Stefan said and continued chewing down his food.

"Thank you" Elena said with a smile.

"You're very welcome Elena" Ric said throwing back a smile.

After dinner, Elena went up to her room to read, about an hour later she heard a knock on her bedroom door.

"Come in" She said.

"I was just wondering if you'd like to go on a horse ride tomorrow after school, there is somewhere I'd like to show you" Stefan asks.

"Okay" Elena answers quietly.

Stefan smiles and nods his head goodnight and leaves the room and closes the door behind him.

A/N: Now, don't stop reading! Next chapter I have planned I think you guys will find interesting and the chapter after that I think will make things clearer, so please don't stop reading it will get more interesting. I hope you have enjoyed the story so far and please leave a comment or send me a message, I love hearing from you guys.