Chapter 20: LIFELINE

A/N: This chapter is going to be more eventful. The last couple were filler chapters and chapter to show what happened after the ... self-harm. Elena will open up more in this chapter.

Stefan's POV

Elena has been out of the hospital for a week now. She's been quiet and doesn't talk to anyone but me. She wont even talk to Jenna. She has opened up a lot more. Letting me in on how she's feeling and her thoughts. We've gotten even closer than we have ever been and I'm grateful. She lets me kiss her and touch her (Not Sexually just on her hips and the waist). It's more than she had before and I'm more than happy to wait to move forward. If it takes us years and year to have intercourse than so be it. I'm not in any rush to move forward in our relationship, we will go at whatever pace she feels comfortable with.

I'm laying down on her bed with her in my arms. It's the best part of the day. She holds onto me like I'm her lifeline.

"Elena, please I want to be able to be there for you but you need to tell me your thoughts and feelings in order to try and understand what's going on in that beautiful head of yours" I say carefully, trying not to upset her.

"I feel empty and lonely and scared. I hadn't felt that way since I was turning 16 when he last assaulted me" she explains. "He was right, I deserved it!"

"NO! Elena, nobody deserves to go through something like that. Even the rudest of people" I try and reason.

"I just feel broken .... broken beyond recovery. ten times Stefan! Ten times since I was 12 when I was first assaulted he has come .... and .... and ... assaulted me again. Its broken me. Also, to know that I've told Jenna and it left her heart broken that this has happened to her niece. Don't get me started on you .... To know that you found me in such a vulnerable position twice is embarrassing. To know you found me when he was still inside me...."

"Hey, hey. No don't do that. It is not your fault. Yes, Jenna is upset that because she's upset that you had to go through this for four years until you told someone. I'm glad I heard you crying out that night, to know that I was able to stop him before he could get away with what he was doing to you."

"I still love you Elena, despite what you might think. What you've been through doesn't deter me from still wanting to be your partner."

A/N: This hasn't been edited yet 😊