He Wasn't Himself

Chapter 8 : He Wasn't Himself

Chanyeol stood in the middle of one of the largest and busiest airports in the world, Incheon International Airport. There were a large number of passengers could be seen arriving from flights awaited by relatives and not to mention some were rushing towards specified gate to catch on their flight. The voice of a female gate agent could be heard, informing passengers about their flight to certain destination city. Whereas some were chattering delightfully while enjoying mouth-watering dishes at a rather large restaurant there. The day for his friend, Baekbeom to go back to California had came. At first, he was unwilling to come since he knew Baekhyun would be there too, but knowing that he would not be seeing Baekbeom for the next one year, he pulled himself together to be there. If it wasn't because of doing a favor for his friend and the need for living expenses, he would have quitted being the tutor for such ill-mannered kid. 

"It's almost time" Baekbeom said, as soon as he heard the announcement. He carried a rather huge luggage as if he was moving to live there for years.

"Hyung, can you not go?.." Baekhyun pouted, feeling reluctant to let his only brother go.

"I would love to stay here longer, but I can't.." Baekbom reached out for Baekhyun and gave him a long tight hug.

"Take care of yourself okay? Listen to eomma and don't act naughty. Eat well, sleep well and study well"

"Yeah.. the same old nag again" Baekhyun replied, loosening the too-tight hug that he could barely breathe.

"Aish this kid. Listen to your brother" Mrs Byun added, taking her turn to hug him. Tears started to fill in the mother eyes, waiting for times to roll down the plump cheek freely.

Chanyeol felt out of place that he preferred to just watch the family having their moments. He was keeping a distance from Baekhyun, pretending not to even bother on his existence there. Meanwhile Baekhyun, was fighting back against his emotion. He had been stealing glances to Chanyeol since they first reached here, but received a fully brushed-off response from him instead.

"Chanyeol ah.. Look after my brother for me, please? Or I won't be able to live peacefully there" Baekbeom added, now giving the taller a loving hug for short.

"Don't worry about that" Chanyeol smiled, feeling a heavy load placed down on his shoulder for such request.

"Thank you for that. Ah. I think I gotta go now" Baekbeom picked on his luggage after hearing from the gate agent once again, informing about fight to California.

"Okay. Take care. Be safe there!" Chanyeol added, waving to him until he slowly disappeared from their sight.

"I see you are Chanyeol, right? Baekhyun's tutor? My apology that we haven't meet properly because most of the time, I wasn't home" Mrs Byun broke the short silence between them as the three of them were making a way out. Baekhyun's father could not make himself there, as usual, he was too busy with businesses.

"Ah yes I am. No, I'm okay about that" Chanyeol bowed down a little, giving a sweet smile to the warmhearted mother. A smile that took a certain person's breath away.

"I'm really sorry on behalf of my son, Baekhyun if he caused you any trouble" Mrs Byun added while linking her arm with Baekhyun. He was quiet all the time, wandering his eyes around watching people.

"No no. There's nothing to worry about. He's good" Chanyeol felt like the worst liar while uttering the last sentence.

"You're such a good guy. I'm very thankful. Why don't you come and join us for lunch?" She offered.