The First Step

Chapter 9 : The First Step

The day for examination had finally reached students of Jeguk High School. Baekhyun forcefully dragged his feet towards the gate, keeping his head low and watched on his black high top sneakers. He couldn't describe how nervous he was from the very right moment he woke up this morning, wishing the day would never come. As far as he could recall, that was basically the first time he ever felt that way. Since when did Byun Baekhyun ever concern about his grades?  The image of the tall, not dark and handsome Park Chanyeol came across his messed up mind. He remembered, out of being over-emotional, he promised to show him an A for Maths. What if I failed to get it? How can I face him?? Speak of the devil..

"So today's the day, huh?" Chanyeol reminded, sliding hands into the pockets of his pants as he walked right beside the smaller. He was watching Baekhyun from the moment he got off the bus. The smaller didn't even realize his existence in the same bus as him. Uneasiness were written all over him.

"Yeah.." Baekhyun murmured. Almost shocked that Chanyeol appeared beside him right when he thought of him, like magic.

"All the best then. Don't forget what you promised" Chanyeol added, giving a double tap on the other's shoulder before speeding up.

"What if I managed to get it?" Baekhyun asked, causing Chanyeol to stop on his tracks and turn around to face him.

"Then, I'll be proud of you" 

"Psh who wants that? You'd have to be my servant for a day" Baekhyun smirked. He thought of the punishment for Chanyeol for days and finally he came out with that.

"Servant? That's ridiculous. You have enough housekeepers!"

"Come on.. are you scared? At least I won't ask you to do household works"

"Scared? Tch. Not even a tiny bit"

"Is that means, it's a deal?"

"Maybe" Chanyeol shrugged before continuing on his tracks again. He couldn't help but to think of it. What if he asked me to do weird things? He can't be that bad, can he? 

"Yo, Chanchan!" Sehun greeted, coming from behind and casually rested a hand on the taller's broad shoulder.

"Hey, Hunhun" Chanyeol replied, plainly.

"What was that just now?"

"What?"

"You and that Baek boy. I can smell something fishy~" Sehun squinted eyes doubtfully, playfully (sexually) running a finger down the chest of the taller.

"What fishy.. my ass" Chanyeol replied, giving a nudge to the flat tummy of the latter.