Chapter Fourteen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Half-Sack tried to listen in on Rane and Ima as he filled drinks, getting more and more agitated the more he heard. He looked around and saw Tig and Happy still playing pool and Juice standing at the end of the bar doing nothing. 

"Juice! Come here a sec man."

Juice nodded and walked behind the bar as Half-Sack tried to figure out how to get over to the pool table without getting Rane's attention. He knew that he shouldn't be interfering with the Nomad president, but he also knew there would be an epic beating coming if Happy found out that he knew and said nothing. Juice nodded to him as he joined him behind the bar.

"What's up, man?"

Half-Sack gestured toward the pool table. "I gotta take a couple beers over to Tig and Hap. Can you cover the bar for a minute?"

Juice nodded and Half-Sack grabbed two beers and headed in the direction of the pool tables. He handed a beer to each man when he got there then motioned for them to step closer. He looked up at Happy and frowned. 

"You got problems, man. Rane and Ima are hatching a plan to get between you and Callie."

Happy muttered under his breath as he looked over to where Rane and Ima still sat at the bar with their heads together. "He lays one finger on Cal, I'll kill the fucker."

"I think he plans on doing more than that."

Tig shook his head as he glared at the two at the bar. "Nah, man, you can't kill a president. I got a better idea."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Callie pulled back onto the lot, Parker jumping out of the car before she was even parked. She grinned as she got out and started across the lot at a slower pace than her daughter. Tig met her halfway, grinning at her as he nodded in greeting.

"You ready?"

Callie smirked and nodded her head. "I am. Let's start the show."

Tig chuckled as he threw an arm around her shoulders and led her inside. She headed straight for the bar, choosing a seat a few down from Rane. She looked around before asking Half-Sack for a beer. "Have you seen Happy?"

Half-Sack nodded as he handed her the bottle. "He's handling something with Jax and Chibs in the garage, I think."

Callie grinned and nodded as she took a sip of her beer. She watched out of the corner of her eye as Rane got up and walked her way. She pretended not to notice as he sat down beside her.

"Ya know, if I had a woman that looked like you waiting for me, I would be by your side all the time."

Callie grinned and nodded. "Well, thank you, but I know he has a job to do. The club is very important to him."

Rane shook his head as he leaned a little closer. "More important than you?"

Callie shrugged. "Sometimes, yes." Before he could reply, Callie looked around before looking at Half-Sack. "I thought for sure Ima would be here tonight."

Half-Sack nodded. "She is, somewhere. I haven't seen her in a while." Callie almost smirked at his nearly flawless impression of a nervous biker. "But I know she isn't out in the garage."

Callie shook her head and sighed. "She's out there with Happy, isn't she?" She stood up with her beer in her hand. "I knew it! I should have never trusted him when he said there was nothing between them."

Rane caught her arm as she started past him, Callie watching as he tried to hide the growing smirk on his face. "Where ya going, sweetheart?"

Callie shrugged. "Home, I guess. I can't compete with a porn star."

Rane shook his head. "Nah, babe. You gotta go out there and confront them. Tell him it's over. Then I'll take you for a ride to clear your head."

Callie laid a hand on his arm and looked up at him adoringly. "You'd do that for me? That's so sweet."

Rane smiled at her and patted her hand. "Of course I will, sweetheart. Don't worry, I won't let Happy get near you."

As they walked past Tig, he looked at Callie with a frown on his face. "Where ya going, doll? Hap will be done in a few minutes."

Callie lifted a brow as his frown deepened. "I'm going out to the garage to find Happy."

Tig cursed under his breath and stepped in front of her, halting her progress. "That's really not a good idea, babe. Why don't you just wait in here for him? Like I said, he'll be done soon."

Callie crossed her arms over her chest and glared at the blue-eyed man in front of her. "Get out of my way, Tig."

Tig sighed and stepped to the side, waiting until Rane and Callie had passed him before walking behind them out the door of the clubhouse. Callie, Rane, and Tig quickly made their way across the lot, Rane grabbing the door and rolling it up enough for Callie to get under it. When they were all inside, Rane stopped short and muttered under his breath.

Callie walked over to where Happy was leaning against a car and snuggled into his side as she watched Rane take in the scene in front of him. She felt Happy kiss her on top of the head as she looked over to where Ima was sitting on a metal folding chair between a grinning Gemma and Tara, holding a towel to her nose. Jax and Chibs were standing by the door to the office, identical smirks on their faces. Callie shook her head and groaned as she walked over and moved the towel to see the damage to Ima's face.

"I thought I said no marks? She has to film on Monday."

Gemma shrugged, an unrepentant smile on her face. "She wasn't cooperating. Now she is."

Callie rolled her eyes as she put the towel back up to what is surely a broken nose. She heard Rane clear his throat. "Someone wanna tell me what's going on?"

Happy chuckled as he walked over and pulled Callie back into his side. "Yeah, sorry, man. I guess this wasn't what you had in mind, huh?"