Prologue

I am so beyond pissed with my mother right now. I run up the stairs not caring about the mud that I just left in the carpet and the ruckus that I'm making from slamming my feet against the cold tiled floor. I'm quite sure that they were aware of my recent inappropriate attitude just to get them pissed. No matter what I say to at least try to convice their minds, they still wouldn't listen to me and that's the main reason why I'm ranting right now. I walked past the rooms and rushed through my room, slamming it before me. I couldn't imagine myself living on my own. It's not like I can't handle myself, but what makes me feel bad is the fact that I'm no longer gonna be seeing my cheerleading team. Aside from the fact that they're the most annoying team that I've been in, they still mean a lot to me. My friends. Erlin. I've been friends with her since sophomore year and we quite shared a lot of memories together and I'm not yet ready about letting all those memories go. The thought of leaving her makes me cringe. And of course, my family. Anyway, they're the least of my concerns right about now. They're driving me away for such a stupid reason and I admit, it makes me feel bad.

"Tina?", I heard somebody call over my name from the other side of the door. It took me a few seconds to finally realize that it was my mom calling me. Her voice alone sounds so annoying and I don't wanna talk to her. "Dinner's ready, are you gonna come down? I cooked your favorite honey.",she tried to speak as sweetly as she can. The tone doesn't fit her. It sounds inches near ridiculous especially when it comes from a woman who tries her best to act like a perfect mother when the fact says she's actually not.

"I don't want to. I'm gonna be eating by myself soon, anyway.", I said whilst I rolled my eyes across the other side of the room knowing that she can't see me. She'll probably start scolding me in any minute now if she saw me did the manner infront of her.

"Okay I'll leave you some grilled cheese in the fridge. Just incase you um.. feel empty in the midnight.", I didn't answered her. I just stared blankly at the wall next to the door. I was expecting her to rebuke me again but she didn't. "Tina, dear.", she drew a sharp breath before continuing. "If you think I'm driving you away, I just wanted to let you know that I'm not doing this on purpose.", she pauses a few seconds then continues, "Now if you could manage yourself to come out of your room even though I know that you don't want seeing my face right now, we could talk about this.", I let out an audible sigh and rolled my eyes again. "I'm not forcing you tho. You can approach me anytime and we could talk about this stuff."

"Just leave please", I let out a huff and turned my back away from the door.

"Don't make this hard for the two of us Christina.", she spoke sternly. A frown is sure to be present on her face right about now. I guess I did well in pissing her off, but I know it's gonna do me no good. If I keep pressing her buttons, she'll let out an explosion and she'll force me to open my door and that'll just probably give her another reason to kick me out of this house.

"Goodnight mom", I tried to sound as calm as I can despite the building pressure between my throat that triggers to let out a small sob, but I quickly get rid of it. I heard my mom sighed behind my door.

"I'll talk to you in the morning. There's so much that we need to talk about.", I heard a couple of creaks from the floor before she finally stomp her way down the kitchen again. Like yes. We've got literally tons of stuff to be conversing about. I'd like to talk about it right now but I'm not in the state of willingness to participate in her lectures so I'd probably just do it tomorrow, or maybe as soon as I feel a lot better.

*

"Hey Erlin! What took you so long? I was calling you like a couple of times already. Where are you?" I said pressing a force on 'WHERE'

"Woah woah! I just went home from school. I gathered a few yearbooks from the last years.. oh wait a second.. you weren't in literature earlier. You were also not in calculus.. Did you missed classes today?", exasperation clear in her tone.