FOUR.

"Guess I'll see you around?", I bid Liam goodbye before we finally parted our ways. I went straight to the library to do a couple of homeworks which needs a little researching. Liam is up for his next class which is Sociology. A couple of people were rushing through the corridors, careful not to drop their towering books. Some are just simply having an unconstrained conversation about other people, typically involving details that are not confirmed as being true. We're fond hearing it as gossips. On the other side stood a melee of people who was completely thronging the way. I squeezed myself in the crowd. I didn't expected that this place will somehow get as crowded as now. While I was walking past the multitude of people, I felt my phone judder against my pants. I tried to walk a little faster, taking longer strides, trying to stretch my legs a little longer. I bumped into a couple of people earning some glares from the jock type of students and a sympathetic one from the amiable type. I finally reached the end and quickly pulled my phone from the pocket of my tight jeans. When I clicked open my phone, it was a call from Aidan. I instantly felt a blush crept through my cheeks. What else could he possibly tell me? I redialled his number and waited form him to pick up the call. I waited for a matter of twenty seconds, just leaning on a post, waiting for Aidan to answer, and picking my fingernails. Nobody really cares about anybody in this campus. It's like this school has implemented some 'Mind your own business' policy. I suddenly jerked off when I heard a voice from the other line.

"Hello?", My heart fluttered just by listening to his voice. Aidan.

"Hey..Well, I've seen you called me earlier? Anything you would like to tell me? Care to share?", I tried picturing out the actual scene of the two of us talking. The thought of it alone made me blush.

"Well hah..yeah.", he paused. "I was wondering..since um..your prom is somewhere in January..Did I geddit right?", he said, his voice comes out nervously. Why would he call me in the middle of the afternoon and ask me about the prom? It's not like he's taking me to dance? He's ages away from me. The thought of just staying at home for prom is not a big deal for me. Promenades and parties aren't really my cup of tea. But what bothers me is the thought of Aidan, dancing somebody for prom and the idea makes me terribly sick.

"Yeah.. what about it?", I don't really know where this conversation is going.

"Well I was thinking..that, maybe I could..", he paused. He could what?! I badly ache for the next words that he'll tell me. He's not taking me to prom right? We're ages away. Or...  "I've been planning this out lately." he paused again. I'm now standing with both feet pinned steadily on the ground. Both of my hands are holding the phone. It's a gesture I inherited from my mom when she's nervous. Why the heck does he need to pause in every sentence tho! "Can I take you to.. ugh! This sounds so cliche!", he shrugs off and heard him chuckle. I didn't say anything. Just paying attention to what he's gonna say next. "Okay.", I heard him suck a deep breath. "Prom 2015?", My heart almost leaped out of my chest. This isn't what I was expecting him to tell me. Well, I was kind of expecting it already but, it didn't crossed my mind earlier. I thought he was just going to call me to ask how I'm doing and how my classes have been.  I almost screamed in joy, but obviously, I can't. I'm almost certain that these people around me would think I'm a psycho if I did so. 

"P-prom?", I stuttered. I mentally slapped myself. 

He chuckled. "Hah. Yeah. Is it a yes or a no?", his tone was hopeful and...nervous?

I sighed. "How can I say no to you?", He chuckled.

"Wait a second.. How are you..I mean..I'm in the UK?", I hope he gets what I mean even though I didn't explicitly explained my question.

"I'm taking a plane! Obvs.", I can picture him rolling his eyes playfully. I giggled. He momentarily paused. "I can't wait to see you.", he added. Only God knows how much I've been longing to see him again though it's only been 2 days.