one.

"Christina! breakfast's ready. Aidan and Erlin will be here in a bit. Hurry yourself up sweetie.", my mom's voice echoed through the walls of our not so big of a flat, along with the cracking sound of frying.

"Yes. Will be down in a bit.", I let out a huff and continued doing my usual hair. When I say usual hair, I meant the ones that I always go out with. I do not really care too much about how pleasing or awful I look like in the public and that's the reason why I don't do too much styles on my hair. I just lazily let it hang loosely down my back. Effortless. Yes. But the fact that my hair's naturally wavy, makes it look like I iron curled it. 

"Tina! They're here!", I glanced one last time to the girl in front of my mirror before I finally went out of my room.

My room. How am I gonna call this place now? I'll be gone in about 4 hours. My stuff are already tightly sealed along with my baggages. I can't bare seeing my room stripped and barely naked from the fact that I've already packed half of my stuff including my vinyl records which hangs on the upper left part of my room. The frames that has pinned itself from the walls for the past 15 years are no longer there, leaving a faint mark of faded lavender paint. 

"Tina! We need to get going. You only got 3 hours and 48 more minutes left.", my mom's voice snapped me out of my reverie and deep thoughts. I quietly went down the stairs creating an audible light creaky sound. Erlin's voices rang through the house followed by our guy best friend, Aidan. I guess they were talking about some childhood stuff. 

"There you are!! You ready?", Erlin tried to compose herself despite the small sobs that threatens her throat.

"I am."

 "Hey Tina.", I looked over to the guy standing next to the enormous baseball bat and gloves that my dad got from a Yankee's stadium game. Not to mention, signed by Hank Aaron himself. 

"Hi.", I answered back trying to ease the tension building inside this small room. Erlin has always known about my little crush over Aidan. It started way back in pre school when he saved me from some jackass bullies who tried to take my 'bop me' toy. He was even sent to the detention office that time around and got his parents called by the principal for the unruly attitude that he did. From that moment on, I thought of him as my hero. 

"Shall we?", he asked once again trying not to show the emotions laced with his voice.

"Sure. Let's go!", I said trying with a wide smile to at least attempt to cheer them up a bit but it was no use. Behind all those small smiles, creeps a hint of sadness in their eyes.

"Guys.", I sighed an audible sigh. "Let's not make this hard for us. You know I don't really wanna leave but I'm just a dam-", I almost forgot that I'm in the same room with my mom and lucky enough to comprehend myself before blurting out the word. "I mean I'm still underage and I can't decide for myself for now. Whether I like it or not, I still need to go.", I looked over my mom and she was picking at her tinted nails, not daring to join in the conversation. The conversation went on and my mom's presence was barely recognized so she decided to head off to the kitchen.

"Aren't you kids gonna head off to school to grab some of Tina's stuff in her locker?", she cut through our discussion.

"Yes actually. We'll go now.", Erlin answered before I could.

"Come on.. We'll have a few more hours to finally feel each other's presence.", Aidan told us from behind. He's now leading the walk towards his prius.

*

"Hey guys. You want something to drink?", Aidan broke the uncomfortable silence between the three of us. I've never felt anything as awkward as this moment. I looked over to Aidan and found him already staring at me. I felt my cheeks slightly starting to burn up. How embarassing.