two.

I hopped off the cab, followed by my mom who just paid off the driver.The whole 14-hour flight and 2- hour ride was incredibly exhausting. The campus looks great and better as it did on the brochures. The whole campus was filled with different types of people-mostly are those who holds an unreadable expression accross their faces. The size of the campus is far bigger and wider than my old college school. The people standing accross from me seems to be someone from the school's student government, if I'm not mistaken. They were all dressed in Cambridge gears. Clusters of stragglers, which seems to be lost and confused based on the expression plastered on their faces, filled the room. Random conversations echoed along all the corners of the room, creating a comfortable noise. This noise is something that makes me feel excited. Excited for whatever lies ahead in this new society and evironment that I'm in. It is something that sounds so professional. Professional-probably because I'm in the same room with the Professors of this world-famous university. The orientation started but it was short, and a couple of people noticed my presence and introduced themselves. 

"How's the orientation?", my mom approached me from the gate of the school hall.

"Good. Met a couple of good people.", She nodded. She carefully wiped a few tears that started to build up in the corners of her eyes, careful not to mess  her make up. 

"I'm gonna drive you to your aunt's house now. She should be there by 8. She said she'll excuse herself from their meeting so she could walk us around the city.", she walked wisely, trying not to trip in her louboutin , a pump that she couldn't afford but purchased anyway.

"But I cannot remember you bringing any car."

"But there sure are tons of car rentals in here.", That didn't rang my bells. "Hertz", she added. Her tone shows how excessively proud she is of herself.

"But mom, you know that probably costs too much. We could've get a cab.", Car renting was never cheap. These companies who lend out cars take so much risk in their business. It's either the customer's gonna bring back the car in good condition or bring it back the other way around.

"I can handle it myself. I planned about this so you don't have to worry."

"You always say that. But seriously, look at us. We can just stop trying to look like the typical perfect family who can get everything they want.", the moment the words slipped out off my mouth, I suddenly felt that I shouldn't have let it out. I wish I could just get it all back. This is not going to be good.

When I look over to her, her jaw was tensed and her eyes holds so many things-mostly anger. This is not going to be good.

"I'm not trying to be somebody else in here Christina. I just want to give whatever's good for you. You always see the right things in its opposite.", her voice was stern, full of assertion of authority and excercise of discipline. I didn't answered her anymore. I gave her enough time to cool herself. I know it was my fault.

The whole walk was accompanied by a really uncomfortable silence. I think I should speak up first. 

"Mom. What about let's scan the school in a bit before we leave.", I said trying to ease the tension between us. I think I heard her sigh. I wish she would just agree with all of the things that I'm in to, at the moment so we could just hang out peacefully before she flies back to America. 

"Honey. I'm quite exhausted, plus... I left your things in the car which isn't really the best of my idea, but since that's the safest option available for now, I guess I'd rather just leave it in the car than to carry it along in here.", She gestured her hand professionally in front of her while she talks. Her voice did seem to be really tired but a few walks around the campus won't hurt and I guess we wouldn't lose my baggages in a matter of thirty minutes.