Chapter 6; A Midnight Call

Copyright © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 6; A Midnight Call

Sat upon my bed with my knees curled beneath me and a book within my hands, Jacob entered my bedroom and came to sit next to me. Placing his arm gently around me, I placed down the book I was reading and cuddled into my mate.

It was late, extremely late. The land was cloaked in darkness, and my uncle and Chandresh were sleeping. Jacob's scent enveloped me, clean and fresh, as if he had just bathed. Glancing up, his eyes sparkled down at me, inviting me in to their warmth.

"I love you dearly, you do know that, don't you?"

Smiling, I lifted myself up, straddling my legs over him.

"Not more than I love you."

Leaning and edging myself down, our lips connected softly. Jacob's hands explored my body, pulling my in gently closer to him, as my fingers brushed and tangled throughout his hair.

Knocking his hand against the book in which I had been reading, caused Jacob to break the kiss and to glance down. Glancing down also, I watched as my mate picked up the book and read the cover, before holding it up to me.

"Sherlock Holmes, is this one of your own books?"

"No, it's one of my uncle's. It's not really what I normally read, but I do enjoy a change once in a while."

Taking the book out of Jacob's hand, I tossed it across the bedroom, allowing it to land perfectly upon the chair within my room. I wanted to forget about the book, as my interests were now solely upon my mate.

"Is the book any good?"

"It's not bad."

"What is it about?"

"It's about a English detective, who's based within London."

Kissing Jacob's neck, I knew and could tell that he was distracted by something other than me.

"Hang on, didn't you call me Sherlock last year."

"No kidding, Sherlock."

Laughing, Jacob suddenly grabbed me, spinning and pinning me down onto my back.

"Well, then I might just have to read that book when you're finished, so I can understand why you would call me by such a name."

Shacking my head and rolling my eyes, Jacob smiled at me reaction.

"You can read the book whenever you want, I've already read the entire series before."

"What, there's more than just the one book."

Laughing, I smacked Jacob upon the shoulder, as he playfully grabbed both of my arms and pinned them back down. Leaning back in and kissing me, my legs wrapped around his, as a howl so painful ripped through the night.

Untangling and jumping to our feet, our eyes caught each other's, before we both darted from the farmhouse together. We knew that call, as it was Jacob's pack calling for their alpha.

The wolf's howling had not just alerted the both of us, but it had also awoken the rest of the ranch. Running from the farmhouse, Chandresh and Samuel emerged, as did the Wildlife Protection team from inside of their camps sleeping tent.

'Keep them here, don't allow the team to follow us.'

Jacob reached out to his father with his thoughts, as he took a hold of my hand and we sprinted across the ranches land. The Wildlife Protection team scrambled around, as they tried to assemble themselves to follow. But we were to quick, leaving the team with no option, but to not follow us.