Chapter 3; Issues

Copyright © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 3; Issues

Walking across my uncle's property and land, Jacob and I had seemed to have arrived just as Chandresh was pulling back onto the ranch, closely followed by the Wildlife Protection teams 4x4.

Signing and slowly walking towards the front of the farmhouse, Jacob gave my hand a small squeeze of reassurance. Turning to look at me, my uncle gave me a small smile, happy to just have me finally back home.

"Skye, I've missed you so much. Has Jacob been looking after you?"

"Of course he has, and I've missed you too."

Pulling me into a hug, my uncle gave me what he would call - a tight squeeze. Releasing his hold, my uncle turned back to greet Chandresh and the Wildlife Protection team, his hand still resting upon my shoulder.

Stepping out of their vehicle, one of the Wildlife Protection team came over to introduce themselves to my uncle and I, while the rest seemingly unpacked. They seemed like a strange bunch to me, but then, I'd never met any of the wildlife protection teams that worked out within the Canadians Arctic Peninsular area.

"Welcome, - I'm Samuel and this is my niece Skye."

"It's a pleasure to meet you both, I'm Christine. I want to thank you for inviting my team and I out to your ranch, there hasn't been many that have been so willing to allow us to get this close to the mountains."

"I wonder why?"

Turning away from the woman who was speaking to my uncle, I walked away with Jacob and left my unanswered, outspoken question to just hang within the air.

Christine seemed to watch after me; I could sense her eyes upon my back, as a disappeared out of her line of sight. Yet, without glancing back, my uncle soon had drawn the woman back into a conversation with him.

Entering the farmhouse, I walked to my bedroom, flopping down onto my bed. Jacob followed, sitting himself next to me. My arm placed over my face and covering my eyes, Jacob's fingers gently lifted it away, as his hand ran down playing with my hair.

"They've only just got here, at least just give them a chance."

"Why should I?"

"Not everything and everyone contains evil, Skye. For all we know, they could actually be good people, genially trying to protect this land."

"I don't care, Jake. Why won't any of you just believe me, when I'm constantly telling you that this isn't going to end well."

"I do believe you, my love. It's the same reason why I won't allow you to do this alone, but you really do need to start seeing the good within everything, not just the bad."

I understood perfectly well what Jacob meant. Ever since my experience with Zebb, I hadn't trust issues with other humans. I was also starting even spend less and less time with the natural Grey wolves, locking myself away from the outside world.

"I can't help it, everywhere I look I can see the bad and evil within everything. Even when I close my eyes, my mind is still plagued by the things I've seen and the things it still wants me to see."

"Just don't allow this to drag you down, Skye. You're strong, you just need time to find a way to cope. Not everything comes at once and not everything may make sense, but you'll figure it all out, I know you will."

Caressing my cheek, Jacob leaned down and kissed me. Every kiss and every touch still sent electrical shivers running throughout my entire body. Pulling back, Jacob smiled, as the same sensations still ran throughout his own body.