that stupid smirk

tay.

i woke up in the morning and events from last night immediately clogged my mind. i looked over to see an empty bed. i didn't dwell on it much, because it was probably for the best.

then my eyes averted to my nightstand, which had my phone laying on it. i smirked knowing how much events my phone just caused.

i propped up once i saw a note next to my phone.

last night was fun... text me ;)

i threw it in the drawer not thinking much of it.  it was what it was, and that's it.

today was a pretty busy day, work wise. i'm kind of a part time everything. but right now, i'm focusing on modeling.

if you asked me what i wanted to be when i was a kid, this was definitely not it. but some how, some way i ventured into this career and i loved it.

so i got ready and headed to my photo shoot for the day. i lived in the san francisco/ oakland area so there was always new opportunities arising.

i've gotten a few deals with the big brands, but right now i was just working my way up there. and i'd say the odds were in my favor.

i finally arrived to the shoot and got glammed up. before you know it i was taking what seemed liked millions of photos.

"you're a natural tay. a literal goddess." one of the workers said making me cheese.

"thank you."

i didn't consider myself the most pretty in the world. i had brunette hair, blue greenish eyes, tan skin. very typical.

in between shoots i found myself sipping on iced coffee, but the weird thing was i was stalking stephen. when i went on my phone it was like i couldn't resist myself from not going to his account.

why? i don't know.

there was nothing really new. he was hot, but seemed full of himself. the definition of every man with good looks.

sighing, i closed the app and went back to shooting. the grind.

-

after a very long day it was finally time to go home. and taking off my heels was the best feeling in the world.

before going home i decided to stop at the store for some dinner, because my pantry was empty. i wasn't home often enough to fill it up.

i stopped by at whole foods and decided on pasta. once i got everything i was about to go to the check out, but was stopped.

"you just can't stay away from me, can you?" i turn around, and sure enough it was steph.

"i'm sorry, but do i know you?" i teased, not letting him get to me.

"i reckon you do. i mean you would have to, considering you were screaming-."

"okay, you can stop there," i interrupted.

"babe, you haven't texted me," he smirked. as much as i hates his smirk, i also loved it.

"didn't feel the need to."

"ouch, i'm hurt," he held his heart making me let out a slight chuckle.

"well why text you when i'm standing right in front of you? i guess today is your lucky day."

"what are you implying?" he raised his brows.

i laughed again and shook my head. "nothing." i was about to head to the checkout again but he grabbed my waist.

"wait! let me take you out."

"like on a date?"

"more of a get to know each other thing, but if you want it to be a date it can be," he teased with his smirk.

"stop that!" i looked away to hide my flushed cheeks.

"stop what?" he grabbed my wrist and made me look at him again.

"you know what! giving me that stupid smirk and embarrassing me!"

"okay, okay, okay. i'm sorry babe. but what do you say?"

i bit my lip and thought about it.

"come on, what's the worst thing that's gonna happen?"

"fine. but don't get any ideas."

-

that's how we ended up in his car, driving. we decided we just wanted to go for a ride instead of going out anywhere. we didn't want our pictures taken or anything.

"so what do you do for living? have you always lived in oakland?"

"no, i lived in seattle all my life until i moved down here five years ago. and being a model i had more opportunities to step up my career."

"oh. so your a model?" he asked, and i could've sworn i saw him lick his lips.

"yes," i laughed.

"can't say it doesn't surprise me though."

"wow. is the wardell stephen curry giving me a compliment? i'm honored. somebody pinch me," i teased him. he let out a low chuckle and shook his head.

"i see you've been doing your research." it took me a minute to process what he meant, but then i realized it must have been since i called him wardell. that's it, im so done. "don't stress it. it's cute, really."

"go to hell." he started to laugh. "it's not funny." he wouldn't stop. i sealed my lips and looked out the window.

"okay, i'm done now. i'm sorry babe." as childish as it sounds, i decided to give him the silent treatment.

"talk to me." he waited for a response. "tay?" i looked over at him and he stuck his bottom lip out. as funny as it looked, i held my ground.

after a few minutes we pulled into a froyo shop.

"what are we doing here?" i finally spoke.

"ah, so she speaks. and what does it look like? we are getting some froyo."

i got out of the car and followed him. "only because i'm starving," i added.

we got our froyo and sat at a table in a more of a secluded area. right when we sat down, a young boy came over to us.

"stephen curry! can i have a picture with you?"

"of course little man." they took the picture and conversed for a while. to be honest, watching the whole thing made my heart happy.

"that was sweet," i smiled once the boy finally left.

"what can i say babe? it's just how i roll," he snickered shrugged his shoulders. i playfully rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"hey steph?

"yeah?"

"do you remember anything from that night?"

"you gotta be more specific babe. we have had several of those nights," he smiled.

i laughed. "can you ever be serious? like for five seconds?"

"well if you're referring to the night where we both got completely wasted then i know as much as you do, babe."

"you're right. but it's getting late. you can probably take me home now."

"depends. will you let me in with you?"

"you know, believe it or not i'm not really into flings. i look for commitment." i said in all honesty.

"what makes you think i can't give that to you babe?" he smirked.

i smiled. "let's go wardell."