Kendling Friendship

Amaranth played the piano for him and ignigted emotions he never felt were necessary to acknowledge. He wanted to play piano himself. He know he couldn't just demand her presence anytime he wanted calming music. He watched delicate fingers glide across the keys effortlessly. It was hard for him to believe she had never had lessons.

When her fingers brought the angelic melody to a close and he sat down next to her and layed his hands on the piano as well.

"You will teach me how to play." He affirms.

"Oh, alright!" She perked.

Damian hummed in response and let his fingers play a simple but sweet tune that Amaranth knew, for she hummed along with the melody and a few words slipped from her lips.

"Seems to me you know how to play." She quitly speaks.

"I can play a tune here and there, but I lack the ability to play something as complex as you." Damian admits.

"You know you're a billionaire...well your father is. So you could really get one of the best re-nown-ed people ever to teach you how to tap your fingers on a few keys." She says perplexed.

She could not pinpoint his motive. He could have anyone teach him, literally. Although Amaranth was as naïve as they can get, even she knew the power money had on people.

"Why waste money on a master when I can have a sage." He says.

His word choice annoyed her. She had nor idea what a "sage" was but, she came to the conclusion that it was better than a master and she knew that she could not take credit for such.

"I am grateful for your complement but, I am not a "sage", whatever that is, I am just ok." She tells him gliding her fingers lightly over the keys carful not to push down.

"I say your a sage in this art because you have a love that is unadulterated. Your love for music is pure much like yourself letting your mind be more open and has the ability to grow and become better than those who are renowned now." He tells her.

Although his diction was still out of her lexile, she was able to understand that he was now speaking supremely highly of her.

"If you say so." She says with a goofy grin.
~*~
Pennyworth was driving them to her home. The sun has descended and streets had become a dark abyss. This part of town was lacking street lights and most of the people around here couldn't afford cars so the streets were empty.

"Hey this is it!" Amaranth exclaims.

"Damian looked at the dilapidated looking building and scoffed. I don't know how this place could be a flower shop. Damian thought. It's run down and shitty looking. Who the hell would buy there flowers here?

Amaranth looked at her home with twinkling eyes and was egar to get out the car."Well I'm home now! Thank you from the ride Mr.Pennyworth! See ya Damian!" With that she hops out the car.

She rushed over to the front of the store and opens the unlocked door to bull it closed behind her.

Damian stares at the closed door with irritation. He was not fond of her living conditions. He was not fond of the neighborhood. He could sense crooks around every corner. Thinking back to Amaranth's awful state he remembers how she lacks food, with a convenient store a block away. It then dawned apond him that the resource of food being available doesn't change the fact that her family must lack money. With a heavy sigh he instructs Pennyworth to drive off. What an annoying predicament. Damina thinks.

Meanwhile within the flower shop Amaranth scurried into her home. Her mother was passed out on the kitchen floor with a bottles and cans of alcohol all over the floor and resting on the counter. With a sigh Amaranth began to throw away the empty bottles and cans while setting the ones that were half full or just open on the counter. She tidied up the best she could and grabs her blanket to cover up her mother. She then made her way over and grabbed a threadbare jacket she found and washed herself awhile ago. She curled up on the couch and laid awake thinking. I will go and see Damian tomorrow, she had concluded. Her eyes became drowsy and sleeps eventually came over her.
~*~