one - blurb

Daisy,

      It’s hard to convince someone that they’re beautiful when they believe that they aren’t. It’s hard to convince someone that they’re worth it when they believe that they’re worthless. It’s hard to convince someone that you love them when they don’t “believe in something as foolish as love”.

      But my dear Daisy, you are beautiful, and you’re worth it, and I am deeply in love with you.

      I’m in love with you, just like the sky’s blue, and the grass is green, and the sun is a massive ball of hot gas millions and billions of miles away, giving us the warmth and the strength we need to carry on.

      I’m in love with you, your scars, your birthmarks, your “fat” as you would call it (though I wouldn’t call it that, nor any other sane person with eyes), and your “hideous” freckles.

      Daisy, I want you to take the time to read this and think about everything:

But, my dear,

you are a daisy

unlike any I’ve ever seen.

I know you

have yet to be picked

from the garden --

And a few of your petals

have been plucked --

And your leaves

may have withered a bit --

And you’re not quite

as strong as you

maybe once were --

But, my dear,

you are a

               beautiful daisy

unlike any I’ve ever seen.

[g.h.]

      Do you believe that Daisy? Do you believe what I’m trying to tell you?

      If not, I want you to at least try. Because I guarantee you that you are -- you’re the most beautiful Daisy in the world.

      That’s all I want you to understand.

      That’s all I’m asking.

            Love Always,

            Niall

      “And tell me, Daisy, how does this make you feel?”

      “Angry.”