twenty two - visiting day

How is it possible to miss someone so much, when you’ve never felt lost without them before?

      I was sitting at my table during visiting day and no one showed up.

      Niall lied to me.

      I haven’t received any letters, I haven’t received anything and yet, here I sat, patiently waiting for him to show up, just like he said he would.

      I sat there and I waited, and I felt like such a fool.

      And it was only a matter of time before I stood up from my seat and walked back to my room, because I was “tired”.

      I wanted to be angry, but it was my fault he wasn’t even there.

      I pushed him away, and now he doesn’t show up.

      And, as I made my way in to my room, and shut the door behind me, I was surprised to see and envelope sitting on my desk, right next to the one I wrote for him a long time ago.

      I opened the envelope, letting the words escape my lips as I read:

Daisy,

      I’m sorry I couldn’t make it today, princess. I had something that I had to do.

      I wanted to be there but I couldn’t, so I asked your therapist to put this in your room where you can find it.

      I want you to know that I still love you, and there’s an offer on the table, if you’re willing to take it.

      I hope you’ll understand after you read this poem.

Her eyes are like the stars

in the sky. Her sweetest

smile is what makes me

high. Sometimes I wish I

could hug her

forever. And till the end

of our life, be

together. Thank God for

making me meet this

angel, Who has made my

ordinary life so very

special. I promise to love

you till the end of my

life, Let me be your hero,

my beloved, my wife.

[unknown]

      Love Always,

      Niall

      With trembling hands, I carefully folded up the letter and placed it back in to the envelops, trying my best not to crease or bend it in any way.

      This was something I had to remember for the rest of my life.