Chapter 8

(Brendons POV)

The next day during sound check, Kenny didn't show up. At first I figured he quit, and that sent everyone into a full panic. We need a guitarist. After a bit we had settled on if he doesn't show up, I'll just play it. Which I honestly didn't wanna do, but I had no choice. I won't be able to jump around as much, and honestly it probably won't be as fun for me, but the show must go on. If that means I gotta play the guitar since Kenneth is a big baby then so be it. "Kenny is a bitch." I sing into the microphone and laugh. "It works." I say and Dallon chuckles and shakes his head. "Suck my dick, you homophobic twat." I sing again and then hit a random high note at the end for the hell of it. "A casual affair." I sing out, dragging it out longer than needed, making eye contact with Dallon as I do so.

Suddenly Kenny walks on stage, a smug look on his face. "Don't worry bitches I'm still here." He says and I give him a nasty look. "Don't even speak to me like that. We aren't friends anymore and therefore you don't get to joke around with me." I say, and he shrugs. "Don't give a fuck." He says. "Yeah? You'll be giving a fuck when I fire your ass. You're on thin fucking ice. Watch your mouth when speaking to me." I say and he sighs and turns, walking backstage. Good if he knows what's good for him he'll shut his mouth for once. "Cool it Brendon." Zach warns and I shrug. "No, I don't need him. He's replaceable. He's not gonna act like he's the boss of anyone here. He's not on the same level as me or Dan or Dallon or you anymore. He's just someone who plays the guitar for me now. Someone irrevelant." I say, and maybe I should have moved the microphone away but honestly I don't care. I hope he heard so he can keep that in mind.

He's on my bad side now, and he has no idea who he is dealing with.

!

During the show Kenny stayed over where he was supposed to, not interacting with anyone. The fans seemed to not take notice that anything was wrong, which is good. Don't need anymore rumors spreading around. I walk over to Dallon, and go behind him, resting my chin on his shoulder and turning to whisper in his ear. "You look so hot." I mumble, making sure my microphone wasn't near my mouth. Just as I go to bring the microphone to my mouth to continue with the song, I'm cut off. "Can you guys stop being gay for like 2 seconds?" Kenny says and the crowd screams. I hear a few people chanting "brallon, brallon, brallon" and I smile softly at that. Same. "Can you stop being a homophobic dick for 2 seconds?" I say into the microphone and people screamed, and a few people boo'd. Didn't sound like happy screams. I hope they fucking strangle him with a pride flag honestly.

"Nah." Kenny says and someone yells "fuck you" and I smirk. He really thinks he can be homophobic and expect any of my fans to support him? Why would be even throw it out there that he is? "You know what, stop. The show needs to go on even if I can't stand you right now. Let's go!" I say and gesture for them to start off where we left off. The energy was weird the rest of the concert. People kept screaming things at Kenny and someone threw a water bottle at him, almost hitting him in the face. Too bad they didn't. He looked pissed off the rest of the show and I hope he's mad. I hope he also realized that he doesn't have a job anymore. He can fuck with me all he wants but he's not gonna ruin the experience for my fans.

When we got backstage, I immediately wasn't gonna stick around. Kenny walks in and I smile bitterly at him. "You're fired. Congrats. I want you gone by the end of the night, asshole." I say and his face drops. "Brendon wait c'mon." He says and I walk out the door, but he followed me. "C'mon man. Don't do this, I have a girl to support." He says and I turn around. I can see Dallon standing outside the room, as if he was about to walk in but stopped, looking at us. "No, grab your shit and leave. I can replace you. None of us need this. My soon to be boyfriend doesn't need it either." I say and he sighs. "I'm sorry." Kenny says and I shake my head. "You're only sorry because it's not benefiting you anymore. Don't follow me. You're fired." I say and turn on my heels and leave the building. I had a burning rage in my heart. I wanted to punch him so badly. Already did that last night though.