9:Ashes

That man would eventually fall asleep like that. This time, however, it seems the dream was different. He was sitting in his house, with his parents at work again. He was trying to call Dazai’s phone, but it’s been ringing for too long. He’s starting to get paranoid that something happened to Dazai. They were both still fifteen, but Chuuya had always been one to worry for people he cared about.

Dazai was laying in bed wide awake, letting his phone ring. He hadn't gotten a decent night's sleep since the night before the incident. Every time he closed his eyes, he saw their crying faces and heard the screams and begging for their lives.

Chuuya would have gone over to check on him, had it not been for that creepy father of Dazai’s. Everyone else seemed to think the man was nice, but the smaller boy saw past that. Despite his smiles and kind gestures, lied a beast. He got shivers every time he thought about that smile…

Dazai sighed before checking  his phone and seeing yet another  missed call from Chuuya it had been several days since they spoke. They couldn't  even see each other at school anymore as the day after what happened his father pulled him out of public  school and started homeschooling him when he got off of work. Dazai looked at one of his arms that had several bruises the size of an adult  hand as if someone had held on to it to tight.

Chuuya had called several times a day, even knowing that it wouldn't work. It went to voicemail yet again and… he sighs. Lately, it's been harder and harder to start the day. For one, he's never told any of his family that he was gay. And he stressed about everything, meaning the food he ate was never enough to make him look healthily less skinny. However, nowadays, he only felt worry. He couldn't tell anyone about it either. He couldn't get the story across without telling them he was gay. And his parents were homophobic.

He had attempted to go over once, but he saw the house as intimidating, and Kouyou didn't let him get near it either, seeing as to how it give off an unsettling vibe.

Dazai wandered out of his room to the kitchen to get some water, which he had been living on recently, once he got to the kitchen. He saw a note on the table from his father telling  him to do some chores while he was out of town for the next few days for “work”, but Dazai knew better. He was going to the family home in the mountains. Pulling his phone out he sent a picture of the note to Chuuya  and went to put on a hoodie while he waited.

The smaller boy had been laying there for a while now, his stomach twisted into knots in worry. His sister had long given up on trying to find out what was wrong and left him alone like he had requested.
However, when his phone buzzed, he got a sudden jolt of energy and opened the message to look at it, after seeing it was from Dazai. His eyes widened in slight surprise before he hurried his way out, just barely remembering to put on shoes. He was in a t-shirt and shorts as he went over next door and timidly knocked on the door.

Dazai answered the door in a hoodie and sweatpants and lovingly smiled at his boyfriend. “Ah there's my short red headed angel.” Dazai's smile seemed like it was hiding something though.

Without missing a beat, after Dazai spoke the last word, Chuuya hugged him tightly as if to never let go. “What the hell were you doing?? I was f*cking worried that you died or something…” The worried look on his face was evident, even with his face buried in Dazai’s chest. Then there was a muffled, “You feel like you haven’t been eating properly… are you okay..?” He can’t help but worry, since the usual attitude he puts up in public was of a tough guy, which resulted in him acting a bit rude and never really gaining friends who would like him how he was.