Paramour - Revelation

F I N A L E

It felt like a bucket of freezing water with blocks of ice was poured over to me as I crouch down to pick up the small pinkish stick on the floor

"How did this happen, Chanyeol?" He asked with tears clearly threatening to fall yet he fights hard not to allow the tears to leave his eyes. It somehow feels like he's not angry... just disappointed even if that resulted to Chaeyoung getting hit.

With heaving breaths, he turns again to face Chaeyoung who remained frozen yet, sobbing silently.

"I thought I made it clear? I've put the walls around you so that you could finish your school. I've worked hard for you. And now you repay me with this?" He calmly said, voice cracking but authority remained on his tone.

I've become so sensitive on his movements that when he was about to crouch down to her level, I thought he would be hitting her again. I was quick to grab both his arms and pulled him, to the point that I kind of threw him behind me and ran to Chaeyoung.

I knew how disappointed he must have been but I would never hit my own daughter. It may be a form of punishment to let her know how he feels. But hitting a woman? I've always loathed men who resolve to violence out of anger.

I know it may be uncontrollable for some and for him, but I couldn't let her get another hit.

It is my fault, not hers.

He was in total shock as he fell onto the floor. I tried to pullChaeyoung up the while I darted glares at aboji.

"You don't have the right to hit her even if she made a mistake." I said, trying to keep my calm because of what I was about to tell him...

What I am about to admit would also nail me to guilt.

"I'm sorry. Don't blame Chaeyoung for anything." I started. Once Chaeyoung was standing, I immediately crouched over to the floor and bowed on my knees and with my forehead upon the back of my hand which were flatly pinned on the wooden floor.

"It's my fault. I was careless but... I don't regret loving her." I admitted.

"What?" He asked, disbelief obvious in his tone.

"With all the good I've done, taking care of you, helping with the restaurant, even landing a scholarship, you never took a single glance. But when I did one thing that you think is wrong, you look at me like I'm the worst daughter anyone could ever have." Chaeyoung spoke up, sobbing.

I lifted my head from the floor and saw aboji looking straight up to her.

"Oppa, he-..." she trails off, looking down at the old man on the floor.

"I chose to ignore even if it's right in front of my eyes. I thought I was just seeing things or I may be thinking too maliciously. So, both of you... you're together? So it's really who I see at the road side." Aboji asked in utter disbelief.