• Feline Love - My Human

He found me outside the apartment complex he's staying in

He found me outside the apartment complex he's staying in. I've seen him passing by before but he did not notice me on the furthest corner by the bushes. I never made much noise because I was afraid. Everything else seems too noisy that it frightened me, everything seemed like they will hurt me and I can't protect myself, especially since I lost mom.

He was hard not to notice. He was tall unlike the others that passes by. He seemed timid and unfriendly but, he's the only one who's really quiet.

Today, he was wearing a different but same droopy clothes that's bigger that his body, his hair was kept undone and his bangs were almost to his eyes that's hidden under his specs.

His glasses brimmed that night when he found me. I was cold and wet and shivering under the heavy rain.

Leaning hard against the corner, I turn my face away from him because I was so afraid. I wanted to run but I had to conserve the energy left in my body. I'm so hungry that I felt like the world is starting to spin fast around me.

Then, he calls for me, trying to copy how I speak in the softest, calm voice but I did couldn't respond or even tell him to go away.

He's a stranger and he terrifies me.

Before the rain poured today, I was hurt by the little ones who were poking me with sticks. No matter how much I shouted and screamed for them to go away, they couldn't understand me and just kept poking while giggling as if my suffering was amusing.

"Don't be afraid..." he said, voice deep and calm as he crouched down with his umbrella, providing me a temporary shelter from the rain.

"Here...." he muttered, finger slowly closing in. His fingers smelt good, like sweet meat so I let my instinct take over my fear and started sniffing, inching closer to find the food he's hiding in his hand.

Soon, I felt him touch me, patting my head gently but I let him because of the food I was looking for.

However, the warmth of his hand was like my mom's.

"Mom?" I called out.

"Do you wanna come home with me?" He asked.

"I want my mom." I replied.

"Let's get you out of these rain." He said softly while caressing me gently.

Unknowingly, my body chased his warmth and without fighting back, I let him carry me where the warmest, softest feeling I've felt my whole life have me curling up, feeling comfortable instantly and forgetting that he's a stranger. I usually feel that every stranger is dangerous but not this one.

He took me inside and immediately covered me with a towel inside a bright room where a warm water was pouring down.

"We'll have to clean you up first, okay? Then you'll be having your dinner." He said, smiling as he take off his jacket.