gym

"nana, are you busy after school?" jaemin looks up from his notebook and saw jeno looking at him. "um, not really. why?" is he asking me out on a date?

"do you want to go to the gym with me?" jaemin was speechless. gym date? "who would be there?" "no one.. i don't want to interrupt markhyuck, and lucas seems to be busy with renjun. if you don't want it's okay."

"no! wait, yes! eh? i mean yeah, i'd go." jaemin sheepishly smiles, jeno showing his infamous eye smile. "thank you nana." "..welcome."

jaemin smiles to himself. the nickname is very special towards him. everyone knows, how jaemin hates nicknames because it 'sounds stupid'. but there he is, swooning over how good the name falls out from jeno's mouth.

+

"whoa, this place is huge." after walking from jeno's house for 10 minutes, they finally reach the gym. as jeno described, the gym is his father's so he often spends his time here. jaemin nods, so that explain how well built he is.

"i know, i grew up this very place. back then, he always bring me here, but ever since he's busy with his company, i come here alone. it's lonely though, but since you're here, i feel good!" jaemin grins at jeno's child-like attitude.

"yeah, now i know how do you got those muscles." jeno smiles back shyly and went to the locker room, jaemin tailing behind. "i actually invited to because i have to work out for the upcoming soccer match and there is no one who can help me.. so can you?" 

jaemin makes an eye contact with the older, his eyes glistening with hopefulness. jaemin just couldn't say no, so he nodded and a smile made onto the latter's lips. "great! thank you nana. i'll be right back." jeno disappears then to change into his gym clothes.

a few minutes later, jeno came back and leads jaemin to his personal spot that his father made it for him so that he can exercise alone. "i get unmotivated fast so.. it would be helpful if you can give me motivational words when i'm working out."

jaemin nods and watched the latter does his stretching. his mind is already wandering off, imagining jeno sweating in his black fitted shirt, his chest rising up and down catching his breathe, his adam's apple moving up and down when drinking water-

jaemin quickly brings himself to the reality. since when did his mind get so dirty? 

but that's the truth.

whatever jaemin imagined earlier, really just happened.

"g- go jen- jeno go!" jaemin stutters out his cheers. who the hell stutters doing cheers? jaemin does. jeno stops lifting his dumbbells and turns towards jaemin with confusion on his face. "nana? you okay?"

"huh? yeah, i'm fine just- continue your work." jaemin avoids eye contact with jeno and pretended to be busy. jeno just chuckled and continues his work out. 

"lift it up a bit higher." 

"go jeno go!" 

"you can do it!" 

"do it for your team!"

jaemin's chants do help, but it never fails to make jeno flutters. jaemin's attempt to cheer at him, doing some 'acrobatic' moves - or what the other says - cracks him up every time he stumbles or trips.

"nana stop it you might get hurt." jeno said in between his laughs. jaemin never stop, instead he continues, loving the reaction from the older. earlier, jeno's hands got a bruise as a dumbbell suddenly fell and hit his hands, so he felt down.

jaemin, being the goofball he is, tried to lift up the mood, and it seems that he succeeded.

"thank you, nana." "if it's for you, i'd do anything."

//