A Simple Motion

Ted stares at the man in front of him, speechless. The world turns to a swirl of bright colors flying around his head. He starts to feel somewhat dizzy, and the colors start to blur. Then, his head smacks on the pavement. 

................................................................................................................................................................

"Tedbriel!! Tedsley!!" 

Ted hears a faint voice calling his name. He blinks open his eyes and is immediately blinded by a bright white light. 

"He-Hello??" Ted calls out, his eyes slowly adjusting.

"Tedpoleon it's me. It's me, Beto." The voice says. Ted finally turns his head to see the figure next to him. Beto O'Rourke is sitting next to Ted's hospital bed, holding his hand. He gives it a tight squeeze when Ted's eyes meet Beto's. Ted clears his throat.

"Beto?" Ted almost can't believe what he is seeing. "What happened?"

"You fainted," Beto replied, his eyes sympathetic.

Ted gulps. "And you- you stayed with me?"

Beto smiles softly, and Ted shivers at the sight. "Of course. Always, Tedessandro."

Beto's words are music to Ted's ears. He loves the way his name sounds coming out of Beto's mouth. His head spins again, and he leans back against the pillow. 

"Tedexander, are you alright?" Beto asks, gripping Ted's arm. Ted smiles softly, and turns to meet the man's gaze.

"No. Knowing that you're here, I'm better than alright." Ted whispers, his eyes boring deep into Beto's soul. 

Beto says nothing, but softly strokes Ted's hand. Words were not needed, his response was communicated with that simple motion.