Chapter 24

Kayla's P.O.V.

They took Carter to the nursery to be checked out. Everyone was congratulating me. And telling me how beautiful Carter is. Eventually everyone went home. Will still wouldn't leave my side.

"Go home." I said.

"No, I'm not going to leave you up here by your self." He replied.

"Yes, you are. You need to get some rest, babe. I need you to go to the house and get me some stuff and bring it to me tomorrow." I said. He got out of his chair and walked over to me.

"Okay. What do you need?" He asked. I told him everything I needed and that he needed to get the car seat.

"Okay baby. If you need anything just call me." He said. He kissed my forehead, I grabbed his arm. I sat up and kissed him gently.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too, sweetheart. Get some rest." He replied. He turned the light off and walked out of the room. I laid there for a while thinking about everything, then I slowly dozed off.

Will's P.O.V.

I got home and everyone was in the living room watching a movie. I walked upstairs and got everything Kayla told me to get. Then I walked into the nursery. Dana and Paige moved downstairs so we could have a nursery next to us. I looked around. Everything was perfect. I grabbed the car seat and shut the door. I walked back into mine and Kayla's room and put Carter's car seat by the door. I called my parents, they were going to come over when Kayla got home from the hospital to see the baby. I crawled into bed. I laid there for about an hour and I still couldn't sleep. I finally went to bed around 2 am.

~5:30 am~

I woke up and went to the bathroom. I freshened up and grabbed everything Kayla told me too. I stopped at a florist shop on the way and bought her some white roses. Then I drove up to the hospital. I walked in and she was still sleeping. I quietly walked in and set the stuff down. I sat in a chair next to her. I started dozing off when a nurse walking in. Kayla sat up and looked over at me and smiled. The nurse checked her out. And then she left. She looked over at the roses. I walked over to her and kissed her.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"Not really. did you?" She replied.

"A little." I said. I grabbed the roses and brought then over to her side table. She smiled. I went to turn around to sit back down when she grabbed my arm. I leaned in to kiss her.

"Thank you for the flowers." She said when we parted.

"Your welcome baby." I replied.

I sat back down in my chair.

"I'm so exhausted." She said.

"Then take a nap."

"I can't. I tried."

I moved her over and crawled in bed with her. She snuggled up to me. I kissed her head and said,"Get some rest, baby." It wasn't 5 minuets later and she was asleep. I must have dozed off myself. I woke up and she was still asleep. She slept a good 3 hours before a nurse came in and woke her up. She checked Kayla out and then sat down in a chair on the other side of the bed. She looked sad. "Carter has very low blood sugar. I'm afraid that we will have to keep him longer than expected." She said.

"So, he is okay?" She asked.

"Yes. Its just to make sure he is safe to go home." The nurse replied.

"How many days?" I asked.

"It is just 3 days of observation." She said.

"When do I go home?" Kayla asked.

"Today. We have already started your discharge paperwork." The nurse said. Kayla nodded and the nurse left. She started crying.

"We can't just leave him here." She said to me. I hugged her tight.

"It's okay. We'll come up and see him all the time. It's only a couple of days." She nodded her head. I took my thumb and wiped the tears off of her face. We laid there for a while longer until the nurse came in and told her she was free to go.

When we got home everyone asked where Carter was. I explained everything. I helped Kayla up the stairs and she walked straight to my closet. She put on one of my t-shirts and walked up to me. She took my shirt off of me and said,

"Lets take a nap."

I smiled and said," okay." I stripped down to my boxers and got in bed with her. She snuggled up to me and a few minuets later we were both sleeping.

Twitter:@KaylaIM5