Chapter 2: Location, Location, Location

Chapter 2: LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION

"Excuse me," Kelly heard from behind her. She turned to see a man standing there, staring at her with an expressionless face.

"Yes?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at him. She had been in 'The Pit' for almost a half hour, now, waiting to see if she'd see Darrious again. Unfortunately, he had yet to come back out.

"Kelly Green?" the man asked.

Knitting her eyebrows together, she slowly shook her head.

The man pressed his finger to his ear. "I've got her," he said, seemingly to nobody. "Copy that." He fixed his eyes back on her. "Come with me, please," he asked.

"What's this about?"

"Darrious would like to speak with you."

Kelly took in a deep breath. "Okay," she answered, with a slightly long exhale. After the way he acted in the ring, she wasn't sure what to expect, but he might've been her only option to find the others.

The man brought her to a highly guarded room, underneath the room all the people were in, but not inside of the ring, itself. She was led to a room that she figured belonged to Darrious. The man opened the door to reveal a very large room, where Darrious lay on a bed, with a number of half-naked woman kissing, licking and sucking at his bare chest and neck. As they entered, Darrious lifted his head and smiled at Kelly. He stood from the women, causing a large number of groans and pleades for him to stay.

"Kelly, fucking, Green," he exlaimed, wrapping his arms tightly around her, and lifting her in the air. He put her back down and backed away, turning to the man who had escorted her in. "You can leave, now," he ordered, harshly. The man instantly backed out of the room, closing the door behind him.

"Darrious?" Kelly asked, not sure if she was seeing right.

He lifted his arms to the side. "In the flesh," he responded, his grin never leaving his face.

"You look," Kelly began, though she didn't know exactly how to word it.

"Excellent? Rippling? Gorgeous? Smoldering?" he attempted to finish for her.

"Definitely different," Kelly said, nodding. "Can you please explain to me what happened?"

Darrious' face sobered. "The Purge happened," he answered. "It sarted a few monhs after you left. It had something to do with the mess we made when busting you out. They found something they couldn't explain, and then dug, and found even more they couldn't explain, and before they knew it, they were neck deep in vampires, werewolves, and other supernatural creatures. They didn't know what to do with us, they tried to contain us in large encampments. That didn't work, what with the riots and protesters, so they tried main-streaming. That failed, so they settled with the anti-main-streaming act. And now, all supernatural creatures have their species on their ID card."

Kelly raised an eyebrow. "All of that in a five years?"

Darrious shrugged. "It was going on the first three with nobody aware. No humans, at least."

Kelly let out a sigh, not sure how to respond. "What about the others?" she asked.

Darrious' face seemed to be striken with sadness. "I honestly don't know."

Kelly raised an eyebrow. "Not even Kyle?"

He shook his head. "Kyle had his crown revoked. His addiction to demon blood grew and grew, sending him deeper and deeper into insanity, until he finally cracked. When he was thrown from the throne, he fled. Nobody's seen him since, that know of, at least."