Chapter One

I loved the aroma of freshly brewed coffee first thing in the morning. The smell of it was always so inviting. That's why I don't own a coffee pot. I haven't had coffee since I was twenty. I don't want to be inviting and I definitely don't want people to get the wrong impression. Nobody is welcome.
I lived alone in a run down apartment that once belonged to an old mate of mine, but he gave it to me, moved, and no longer speaks to me. It was only a one bed and one bath, but it was quite spacious. Especially because it's just me. Few have come in; none have come out.

I slipped my leather, black boots onto my feet and hopped up from the sofa I was sat in. I grabbed my keys from the counter in the kitchen on the way to the front door, along with my sunglasses and slipped them on over the bridge of my nose, slowly pushing them up. It was the first of the year and I had given myself a week to get this shit done.
       I slipped out of the front door, making sure not to lock the door behind me, and I walked to the edge of the sidewalk, not yet stepping onto it. Here I was. I took a deep breath in and slowly exhaled as I took my first step on the pavement, as if I were supposed to feel something different. But I didn't. I'd been here before. Here I go.
       Today was the day I needed to begin my stalk, and I just had this gut feeling that today would be successful. The air was cold, especially this time of year, and the sky was a dull, gray color in which I loved. I was never one about all the sunshine and rainbows bullshit. I liked darkness and silence. It was more comforting.
When I went on these specific trips, I never just walked the streets and found who I needed. I would find a shop of some sort until the perfect victim fell into place and I could get them. Lure them. I'm handsome, so it's not hard to get someone home with me. But the difference between this trip and my last three is that this time, I wouldn't be bringing home a beautiful woman. No, I would make it more interesting and try a man this time. Women scream, and they cry. And while they are fun to mess with, they are also very fucking annoying. It's sad it took me three times to figure that out, so maybe this one that I find will be the one.
       By the time I reached my desired place, a book store, it was already five in the afternoon. I took my time with these type of things. I never felt the need to rush. I pushed open the door to the book store, the bell above it ringing as I entered. The store was large and there were several people to chose from. I just had to hope they all met my standards. I slowly walked around, pretending to look at things as I studied the people in the different sections, but none of them pleasing me enough. So, I headed over to my favorite section to browse. Horror.
       I ran my fingers over the books, stopping and smiling at a specific one in general. It was my favorite. Bag of Bones by Stephen King. I've read it several times, and each time is always a different experience with understanding things you'd never noticed before or the time before that.

"Stephen King is absolutely brilliant," a soft voice said from beside me. I turned my head slowly and looked down at the petite man next to me. He had a beautiful face. One that I could get used to.

"Have you read this, uh..?"

"Louis," he answered with a wide grin.

"Louis. Have you read this, Louis?" I asked, referring to my favorite book. I took two fingers and pulled the book from the shelf.

"I have not," he said, taking the book from me and examining the cover with his virescent eyes.

"You should," I said, backing away from him and nodding as I headed away from him and out of sight. At least out of his sight. I went to a different section, keeping an eye on him though to make sure he was unable to see me. I found him.

He had a stunning face, a fit body, and I could see his arse from my view. If there were a Heaven, I'd be going to Hell for all the things I imagined doing to him.
I don't know how long he planned on being in here, so I walked back out of the store and walked a few stores down and leaned myself against the wall as I waited for my new victim.
By the time he came out, it was dark. Now was the perfect time, and he didn't realize that. Silly boy. He didn't have any bags with him, so I knew he didn't take my suggestion. He walked right by me, not even noticing me really, and once he was a good bit ahead of me but not too far, I began to follow him. I realized that this was all going very well for me when he was walking in a direction that I would have taken to get to my apartment. And just in my luck, he turned down my road. I had to distract him. I had to keep him from going any further so I could catch up and get him.
I picked a small rock up off of the ground and threw it against a metal pole before tucking myself into a crease behind a building. He was still in my sight as he stopped and looked behind him. Of course, he didn't see anyone. He turned his head back forward and continued to look around. Now. I quickly ran towards him, wrapping my left arm around his neck, my right hand over his mouth, and pulled him the short distance to my home. He screamed but they were muffled. Nobody could hear him. Nobody. I pushed my door open with one hand and quickly shut it behind me before I pulled him to my room, and threw him in the corner across from my bed. I had a chain built into the wall. That's where I cuffed him and stood as he sobbed and held himself. The first few days were always the saddest. He will adjust.
I began to rummage through my dresser drawers until I found a bandana. I turned back to him and he looked up at me with his beautiful eyes that were full of tears. "Louis," I spoke softly, and his eyes widened. Probably in realization as to how he knew me.
I knelt down to him and ran my thumb over his plump lips. He smacked my hand away from him and I chuckled at him in response.

"Who are you?!" He screamed and I smirked at him as I shook my head. I forcefully tied the bandana around his mouth and stood from my position on the floor.

"Baby, I am your worst nightmare," and I struck him in the side of his face with my leather boot and he was out. Like a light.

_____________________________

|Did y'all miss me? Because I missed you guys! Nineteen and Twenty are doing amazing and I have to thank every single one of you guys for that!

As usual, my books have a QOTD and so will this one!

QOTD: If I made a Twitter and Instagram where I could better interact with you guys, would you follow and ask questions or whatever? Let me know!

On a scale of 1-10, what do you rate this chapter? Tell me what you think.

Yours Truly,

🍌