My Pingpong Boy Ch2

Ch. 02 | CryBaby

I cry all the time.

That's one thing I neglected to mention. I'm somewhat of a sensitive freak. If someone talked behind my back it's okay, but if they called me names in front of my face, that's a different story. It hurt enough to have someone call you a bitch in front of your face, and it was worst to have a guy tell you that. But that wasn't the only reason why I had cried. Another reason was because PingPongBoy wasn't good-looking as I expected.

I woke up the next morning to discover that I had been sleeping in a bed scattered with my own snot tissues. I slid off the bed and hurried to stand in front of the mirror to catch a glimpse of my appearance.

My goodness. I looked like a freak. My face was all puffy and my hair resembled a bird's nest. It was like I was waking up into a nightmare. My anger resurfaced the moment I thought about PingPongBoy.

"APPAAAA!!!" I cried tugging at my father's shirtsleeve the moment I was downstairs. "He called me conceited!!! You don't think I'm conceited, do you?!!"

My father pulled his arm away, shifting his chair further away from me. "No. Why would he think that?"

"Maybe because she always talks about how pretty her face is and how flawless it is and how her body is so well-proportioned and how silky and smooth her hair is and how flat her tummy is," interjected my younger brother Lee Jin Hyung who didn't even bother taking a breath when he said that.

Jin Hyung is a twelve-year-old little bastard who enjoys making my life miserable. He says the right things to get me ticked off. "Shut up before I stuff my fist into your mouth," I snickered at him.

He put on a pouty face. "Aww-but then you would be breaking your nails. And I would end up biting one of your fingers off, noona."

"Kids, that's enough," my mother said as she brought over the plate of pancakes that she has specifically prepared for me.

Jin Hyung snatched for it first and made his mark by spitting his saliva on it.

"JIN HYUNG!!" we all shouted at once.

He smiled innocently before stabbing the pancakes with his fork and stuffing it into his small mouth.

My father reached out to slap the back of his head, making him spill out the contents from his mouth.

Jin Hyung's mouth hung opened. He was staring wide-eye at what my father did.

"Now, you will gather the pieces you spat out and chew it all over again."

"No!" Jin Hyung said stubbornly.

Favoritism ran in my family. My father was always on my side and my mother always stuck up for the little brat. She treated him as if he was Heaven's gift sent down for her to take care of. If you ask me, I'd say the kid was the devil's spawn.

"Are you going against my orders, Jin Hyung?!" My father burst in reaction.

And my mother, favoring the little brat, decided to cut in. "Now, be easy on the child."

Jin Hyung smiled evilly at me.

"Umma!! Tell the little runt to stop staring before I poke his eyes out with my fork!!" I yelled loudly.

Jin Hyung pouted at my mother.

I kicked him from under the chair.

He screamed.

I pushed my chair back to get up. "I'm done. Time for school." I kissed my parent's cheeks and reached to pluck out a strand of Jin Hyung's hair, causing him to wail like a baby.