My Pingpong Boy Ch5

Ch. 05 | Meet Ahn Na-Na (Ice Cream Addict)

"Park Jung Sang. You are late as always, you ugly teddy bear!!!"

Oh my.

Just looking at her, I wanted to reach out and pinch her chubby cheeks until she bled. Spoiled little brat had a face of an angel. She looked no older than nine. She was seated on the swing, glowering at Jung Sang and avoiding any possible eye contact with me.

"Aish! Na-Na don't call me that in front of other people," PingPongBoy said as he went over to help carry her bag. I watched in silent as he knelt down in front of her and said, "You wanted to meet her, right? That's her behind me," I heard him whisper.

What? Do I sense embarrassment from the shameless PingPongBoy?

"Her?" Na-Na pointed out without sparing a glance in my direction.

He dragged me all the way here so I could meet with his angelic little snot of a sister? I had to pretend to be his girlfriend for what? For this little girl?

Aiiie!!! Ji Won, what ever happened to your normal life?

Slowly and hesitantly she lifted her eyes to look over Jung Sang's shoulder and settled them onto me. I suddenly felt self-conscious. I never had anyone looked so coldly at me before.

Wahhhh! Her eyes were scarier than Sadako from The Ring.

A sneer suddenly crossed her face. "She's ugly," she stated meekly.

Shocked, stunned, humiliated and insulted at the same time, I couldn't speak. My hands spoke for me as I pointed at her, with widened eyes.

Park Jung Sang burst into a fit of laughter and then managed to calm himself down when he realized that the little snot was still glowering at him. He cleared his throat and asked, "Why is she ugly to you?"

The little girl answered, "Because she's too pretty."

What? I did not understand why she had said that. I was getting confused by the second. First she called me ugly and now she was saying that I was pretty? Could it be that the little girl had a split personality?

Jung Sang ruffled her hair playfully. "You can't be ugly and pretty at the same time, Na-Na."

"Yes, you can. Just take a look at yourself, Jung Sang. You can be pretty but you always hide yourself behind your ugly personality."

That got Jung Sang angry. He stood up, dropped her backpack, retorting, "Yah! Why are you calling me pretty? I'm not a faggot!"

PUHAAHHAHAHA!! FAGGOT!!

They both turned to glower at me. That's when I realized I had laughed out loud. I cleared my throat and quickly lowered my eyes in embarrassment.

"This is what I mean by ugly personality. You don't know how to control your anger," the little girl said as she got off the swing and picked up her backpack, dusting the dirt from it.

My goodness. Why does she behave like she was a twenty-year old woman? And my goodness, I found myself growing fond of her because she was daring enough to go against PingPongBoy. Although it did make me curious in why she hadn't called him 'oppa'.

She then approached me with a smile on her face. She had one of those banana-eyes smile and her dimples shown through her cheeks. "Are you really his girlfriend, or are you just someone he dragged over here to try and impress me?"

"Uh...to be honest..." I looked at PingPongBoy who nodded, urging me to answer her. I forced a smile on my face and said, "No. I'm not his girlfriend. Yes, he did force me. I never really agreed to it either. I didn't really have a choice and-"