My Pingpong Boy Ch4

Ch. 04 | Take a Deep Breath

"Yah! Couldn't you be more normal and hold me by my arm, you bastard. Don't treat me like a fuckin' dog!!" I screamed at him as we descended down the steps towards the subway station.

After school, PingPongBoy had waited for me outside of my class and told me I had to go somewhere with him. He didn't explain why. I didn't bother asking him because it was a waste of my breath. Besides, I didn't want him to feel annoyed because I get annoyed easily too.

And at that moment, I was really annoyed at how he was treating me. So I bitched. Bitching for me wasn't a waste of breath.

He released the collar of my shirt and shoved me forward. "Quit your bitchin' for once. My ears are starting to hurt," he snickered at me.

People that we past eyed us with strangely. They were probably thinking, 'What is she doing with him?! He's not even good-looking!'

I stopped to turn around and glared venomously at him. "Look. I won't let you push me around. Shove me again and I'll throw you on the tracks so the train can run you over!"

He shoved me on the shoulder. "Yah! What you gonna do? Go ahead. Take my arm, throw me on the tracks!"

I grimaced at the tone he was using with me. Also I was growing accustomed to his annoying habit of speaking into my face. I shrieked and pushed his face away. "Fuckin' bastard. Go eat xì trum!"

"What did you just say?!!" he burst, stepping toward me. "Apologize right now!"

"No!" I retorted stubbornly, turning my back on him, thinking of how much I wanted to beat his head in.

He forced me to spin around. "Am I invisible to you? Why are you turning the other way?"

I took a deep breath, clenched my hands together and screamed at the top of my lungs. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!"

It appeared as if everyone had stopped what they were doing and turned their full attention onto us.

PingPongBoy just stood there with a bored expression on his face.

I looked around helplessly, realizing that I attracted more than just the regular average people on the streets. Six guys came out of nowhere and began to close in on us. One of them was holding onto a steel bat.

Gang members, perhaps?

xì trum Ji Won, you're so damn smart.

"Hey sweetie, need some help?" one of them asked from behind me. "Is the punk bothering you?"

I turned around to answer him. "No. Actually we we're just practicing for our drama class..."

One of them interjected, "Really? Were you pretending to be scared because to me it looked more like you were angry and frustrated. Sort of psychotic if you ask me."

Take a deep breath, Ji Won. Inhale. Exhale. Breathe.

Next thing I knew, I was shoved aside by PingPongBoy. "I am bothering her. What's it to you, dumbass?" he said, stepping up to them.

I just realized that PingPongBoy might be the dumbest person on the planet. Who in their right mind would want to provoke some gang members?

The answer was right in front of my eyes.

"She looks pretty tasty. You think we could share?" the guy asked PingPongBoy.

Damn. They were all bastards.

"Take whatever you have to offer and shove it up your own ass before I do it for you," Jung Sang said matter-of-factly.

The guy and his buddies began to laugh.