I make her happy. I do. I know I do.

Jett

I walked into the bar and was greeted with a bright smile from Ryan. I sat down and motioned for a beer, returning his smile.

"Hey, man, how's your girl?" he asked, grabbing a beer and sliding it over.

"Fantastic. I am here because she's at this seminar that will count as extra credit for her history class, then she'll be sleeping in her dorm room. She said that she doesn't want her roommate to think she's forgotten about her," I said with a small chuckle. I tried to hand him some money, but he shook his head.

"Nope. On me. Consider it an apology."

"For what?"

"For letting you drink as much as I did the other night," he said sheepishly, "I should've cut you off, I just wasn't thinking."

I waved off his apology but put my money away.

"Hey, I'm still with Kami, so everything's cool."

He nodded and smiled, but his face quickly morphed into a frown when he glanced behind me. I didn't have time to turn and see who it was before I felt someone sit in the seat next to me.

"Hey, Jett. I heard Kami didn't believe the rumors about us," Melanie purred.

I clenched my jaw and stared straight ahead.

"Probably cuz' they're not true," I said.

"Not yet," she muttered.

"Not ever," I countered adamantly.

She was silent for a while so I looked over to see her staring at something behind me with wide eyes. I turned to see what it was she was staring at, but saw nothing out of the ordinary. When I turned back around to face her, she was shaking her head with a confused look on her face.

"I could've sworn I saw...oh, never mind."

"Whatever, crazy," I mumbled, taking a large swig of my beer.

The phone in the kitchen behind the bar rang and Ryan disappeared to answer it. When he left, Melanie placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I think you might've had too much to drink," Melanie said.

"No, I've had less than one beer," I said.

I noticed that my words were slurring slightly and frowned because it was true, I had only had one beer. I stood up from the stool, but stumbled a bit.

"What the fuck did you put in my drink?" I demanded, turning accusing eyes on Melanie.

She shrugged and motioned for someone behind me to come forward. Right as my legs gave out, someone put their arms under my shoulders to support my weight.

"Come on," Melanie said, walking out of the bar. To every other patron in there, it would have looked like two people helping out their drunk friend who had one too many.

My eyelids felt heavy and my tongue too big for my mouth. Everything was fuzzy and jumbled together, including my thoughts. I couldn't protest, couldn't move, couldn't do anything.

I drifted in and out of consciousness, vaguely aware of us pulling up to my apartment and being carried into it. Someone tossed me on the bed and walked away, complaining to Melanie about how heavy I was. I managed to peel my eyes open in time to see Melanie dismiss the other person and turn to me.

"Well, Jett," she said, pulling off all of her clothes as she spoke, making me want to close my eyes again. Her voice sounded weird, like I was underwater. "I know what you're thinking, and no, I'm not going to have sex with you. At least, not while you're in this state."