Right, sorry, almost forgot that you're the coolest girl on the planet.

Kami

That night, Jett dropped me off at my dorm and Melanie was there, waiting on my bed with a pissed off expression on her face.

"Where the hell have you been?" she demanded.

The smile that had been a permanent fixture on my face for the past couple of hours while I was with Jett fell at her tone.

"With Jett. We told you we were going to get something to eat," I said slowly.

"For five hours?" she asked in a sarcastic tone.

I nodded, looking at her like she was a ticking bomb, as I put away my stuff and started to change into my old sweats and my brother's army shirt before jumping on my bed.

"Yeah, for five hours."

"What on earth would you do at a diner for five freaking hours?"

"We talked, Melanie. Once you get past the douchebag facade that he puts on for everyone, he's a really funny guy," I shrugged.

Her jaw fell open.

"Um, don't be stupid Kami. It's not a douchebag facade. He's just a douche. The only facade is the one he's using to get in your pants," she said haughtily.

I barked out an incredulous laugh and looked up at her incredulously with wide eyes.

"What the hell is your problem?"

She stood up and put a hand to her chest innocently.

"My problem? I'm not the one who ditched my best friend to go out with some guy I just met!"

"Ditched you?" I screeched. "Are you kidding me? You leave me for a guy every single time we go out. Every time you beg me to go out with you, I might add. And if you had asked me to stay, you know I would have. You know I would have! Besides, you seemed plenty occupied with 'the one' remember?"

Her jar dropped open like I had just accused her of manslaughter.

"If you don't want me to leave when we go out, all you have to do is say something," she finally said, her voice trembling a bit.

My eyes got even wider.

"I do say something! Every. Single. Time. And every time, what do you say?" Before she had a chance to answer, I answered my own question. "'Kami, the reason we go out is to get laid. God, loosen up.' Then every time you beg me to go out again, you always, always, say it's going to be different, just us two."

She huffed and folded her arms.

"Excuse me for wanting to have fun with my life."

I shook my head with a short bark of laughter and opened the door.

"Right, well, you can have fun with your life with the next person masochistic enough to be your best friend. I'm done," I said seriously, my eyes trained steadily on her.

She sent me a wounded look before huffing and storming out the door.

I fell back on my bed and stuffed my head into my pillow so I could muffle my frustrated scream.

My phone rang and I checked the number, but frowned when it said, 'Unknown.'

I answered it with a tentative 'hello' but then my face split into a huge smile at the sound of Robbie's voice.

"Hey, baby girl how...doing?"

"Rob, there's a ton of static coming from your end," I said, that smile not leaving my face.