10: Wild Hallway Chase

No pun intended ^^

Sooo I'm gonna review what happened last time and what'll happen this time from now on...I guess idk.

WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME:

BASICALLY, everyone discovered that Caleo are soulmates, Drew is Piper's sister, and everyone (except Piper) found out that Jason and Piper like each other.

WHAT'S COMING UP:

Everyone goes looking for Piper. Katie and Travis get stuck, Leo and Calypso have a moment, Annabeth and Percy get sidetracked, Hazel and Frank get bullied, Nico and Will get in trouble, Rachel and Connor come close to finding out something, no one knows where Reyna, Clarisse, and Thalia are, and Jason just wants to find Piper.

Also this chapter is really dramatic. Like high school movie dramatic.

Hope that encouraged you to read.

(Katie's POV)

"Travis! What the heck are you doing?" I scolded.

Travis turned to me and smirked. That troublemaker smirk that brings out his dimples and his freckles seem to pop out of his face. The troublemaker smirk that, I hate to admit, I've learned to know and love.

"Why, Katie-Kat, you don't believe that I'm going to do something stupid, would you?" Travis jiggled the doorknob of the janitor's closet again. "Why won't this open?" he muttered.

"We're supposed to be looking for Piper," I crossed my arms. "You really think Piper would hide in the janitor's closet?"

"They do it in high school movies," Travis shrugged. "I've done it."

"I - I'm not even gonna ask," I decided. "Just...if we're gonna go in there, be quick about it. I don't wanna get caught."

He scoffed. "Pfft, you think that I'm gonna get caught? Please, I'm the king of pranks. Well, co - king. But if I've never been caught before, doubt I will now." Travis jiggled the doorknob again, and this time, it opened. "Yes!" he cheered.

I poked my head in to see no Piper, just as I suspected. I was about to give Travis a good "I told you so" when he shoved me in the closet.

"What the-" he covered my mouth with his hand.

"Shh!" he whispered. "There's a teacher coming!"

Travis smushed himself through the doorway and closed the door. "No!" I managed, but he didn't hear me.

I heard heels clicking on the boring white tiles, and from the walk pattern, I determined it as Mrs. Dodds. Yeah, Mrs. Seriously, why would somebody marry her?

After Mrs. Dodds clopped away, Travis sighed in relief. He jiggled on the door handle, and started to panic. "No, no, you're kidding me."

"I told you not to!" I scolded and turned on the light. "You didn't listen!"

Travis hit his head on the door and slid onto the floor. "Now what?"

(Leo's POV)

I dragged Calypso behind me as we searched the halls for Piper. Why does Jason have to be so clueless? Like, I don't even think Percy's that clueless about Annabeth.

"Where could she have gone?" I muttered.

"It's fine, Leo. We'll find her," Calypso assured, but she had an edge in her voice. I chose to ignore it for the time being.

"It's no t the end of the world, really. I mean, we will  find her. It's not like she's dead. Wait, is she dead? What if-"

"Leo, cool down."