Tobin's Spirit Guide

Mr Spengler slowly stirred awake as he heard the sound of his alarm clock. He reached over and turned it off; grabbing his glasses as well. He looked down at his wife as he sat up on the bed; finding it astounding how she was able to sleep through the sound of that blasted alarm clock. Mr Spengler looked at the time on the clock. 6:58AM. It was a bit later then what he usually had to wake up to; but he still wished he could sleep a little longer. He sighed as he laid his back against the bed and closed his still tired eyes; knowing he had a long day ahead.

But he opened his eyes again when he heard a rather odd sound. He sat up as he heard what faintly sounded like a hammer hitting a nail. The tired man got up out of bed and went into the hallway; trying to figure out where the noise was coming from. He stopped and raised a brow when he noticed where the noise was coming from. It was coming from Egons' room.

Mr Spengler walked to his sons room and slowly opened the door; hearing the sound a bit more clearly. He watched with wide eyes when he saw Egon holding a hammer in one hand and holding a nail in the other; holding a few more in his mouth between his teeth. The father quickly saw wooden boards on the floor and more of them nailed to the closet door; making him confused with whatever the boy was doing.

"Egon!"

Egon quickly stopped what he was doing and turned to see his father standing there with a tired but disgruntled look on his face.

"What do you think you're doing!?" He asked with his voice raised.

Egon quickly but carefully took the nails out of his mouth so he could answer back.

"I'm making sure that monster doesn't come back." He answered truthfully and honestly.

Mr Spengler pitched the bridge of his nose with a frustrated sigh before his son a calm yet disgruntled look.

"There's nothing in there. I showed you last night." He reminded the boy of last night.

Egon just gave Mr Spengler a blank face of indifference.

"I disagree with that." He simply said before going back to what he was doing.

Mr Spengler gave the boy an annoyed stare as Egon finished nailing another board to the closet door. But before Egon could pick up another board, Mr Spengler grabbed him by his collar and pulled him towards the hallway. Egon grunted as he felt his night shirt being pulled before stopping and having his father take the hammer from him by force. Mrs Spengler walked out of the master bedroom as she heard all the commotion.

"Egon! Look at me." Mr Spengler ordered in a harsh tone.

Egon narrowed his eyes as he looked up at his father returning the expression.

"You should be smarter than this." The man spoke with an unruly tone. "You're a Spengler. We are men of science and we know that monsters are not real. You know monsters are not real; and you know that nothing can just appear from your closet out of nothing! So stop it with this nonsense and-"

"Charles!"

Egon and Mr Spengler turned their heads to see Mrs Spengler standing there with a very bitter look on her face. But Egon knew it was not directed at him when Mr Spengler only calmed down a little bit. Mr Spengler straightened out his collar before giving Egon a stern look.

"Clean up your mess." He said before walking away down the hall.

Egon watched the man leave into the dining room. He bit his lip when he felt his mother put her hand on his shoulder; like she was telling him to calm down. It only helped a little; but not by much.