The Way Home

Egon kept a brave face on as he and Kitty made their way to the Boogiemans lair with hopes that he was keeping Egons parents somewhere in there. Egon once again found himself back where he started. It was definitely the Boogiemans room. But the colours of the walls were dull and the record player was playing backwards. But Egon and Kitty's attention was placed in the middle of the room where the monster was sitting at his chair playing a game chess by his lonesome. The pair made no sound. But he knew they were there.

"So, you made it." He spoke with a low and gravely tone.

"Can't get rid of me that easily, you bastard." Kitty replied with an insult.

The boogieman slowly turned his head to look at the boy and the cat.

"I wasn't talking to you, vermin."

Egon felt his insides turning cold as the boogieman stood up out of chair; showing his full height as he looked down at them. But Egon kept his fear hidden gave the monster a hard stare as the boogieman approached him.

"I must say. I'm in between impressed and furious with you, Egon." The boogieman spoke with a hiss. "You're becoming quite a nuisance."

"Whatever it takes to get away from you I suppose." Egon replied in a rather cold tone of voice.

The boogieman just put his hands together in an attempt to hide his growing frustration. But the monster decided to smile instead.

"So... I take it you found the childrens' souls?" He questioned through his teeth.

Egon did not say. He just pulled his satchel forward and opened it slightly. The grin on the boogiemans face grew wider as he reached for it with his claws. But Egon quickly took it back; making him frown angrily.

"Hold it! We're not done here." Egon warned with a harsh stare.

The boogieman straightened his back up as he gave the boy an impatient grimace before walking to the distorted fireplace.

"No. I suppose not." He spoke before giving Egon a rather playful grin. "Yes. You still need to find your mother and father before you can leave."

Egon just gave the boogieman a resentful stare while Kitty growled at him. But the boogieman returned their looks with an evil fanged grin before reaching into his coat.

"Shame you won't have any help from Mr what's his name."

Egon watched as the Boogieman pulled a familiar object out of his coat and held it up for the boy to see. Egon gasped as he saw the boogieman holding Mr Polanskis ring between his thumb and index finger nails. Before he could do anything, the boogieman placed the ring in the palm of his hand; forming it into a fist and crushing it into a shape beyond repair. Egon watched as the boogieman dropped the ring onto the hard floor; laughing to himself. Kitty took the moment to whisper something into Egons ear.

"We need to trick him. Even if we win, he'll never let us leave." She warned in a harsh whisper.

Egon felt a drop of sweat going down his forehead as he realised Kitty was right. The boogieman was not going to let him go.

But what if...

Egon looked towards the way he came in. The door leading back to his room. It was locked and that monster had the key. Egon narrowed his brow as he came up with a plan that would hopefully give him a bit of time to find his parents and escape. Egon gave a Kitty a brief look before quietly whispering something into her ear; making her give a look of understanding. With that, the pair looked at the monster standing across from them as he gave them a rather unpleasant grin.