~Prologue~

It all started about 6 months ago, that problem showed up in the town. A murder. The first one in decades, the small town of Beach City was just that, a small town. Everyone knew everyone, everyone knew you by your name, job, or word of the mouth. So when problem showed up that all changed, used to be you would see teenagers being teenagers out late at night maybe even a block party, but now the town is quiet at night. I feel I'm the only one up this late anymore. I sitting at my desk looking back and forth between the papers on my desk and the computer. I slam my fist on the desk, this would be so much easier if we knew SOMETHING! ANYTHING! We don't know this murders gender, age rage, race, anything! However this killer isn't like most, most have a certain type of person they go after. Certain race, religion, certain people with certain political views, but this person just attacks random people. Each one is stabbed 7 times, some in the town call them '7 killer' however all us at BCPD call them 'problem' I looked back at the computer.
8
8 murdered so far. That we know of at least.
Once every 2 weeks we find a new body.
Along with 3 missing person cases.
I ran my hand through my hair. I sighed.
Looking at the clock it was currently 12:47 AM.
"Lazuli?"
I fixed my posture.
"Yes sir?" I asked looking at my boss, Chief Anderson.
"Go home."
I opened my mouth to refuse but remembered 1-how late it was.
And 2- I haven't slept in a couple of days because of this case.
"Also take tomorrow off, when you get here on Wednesday I want to see you in my office."
I nodded, grabbing my things and left.
As I drove home I listened to music.

"I've been fighting the same old war, against a disease, without a cure. Been holding on for so long, for so long, for so long..."

I pulled in to my driveway and left the song finish as I hummed along. Finally walking inside and upstairs into the bathroom to take a shower.

Little did I know, the next few months were gonna be.... fun?

A-N/ Short prologue but ya know that happens sometimes, how do you guys like this?

Much love ❤️

~Red