3Three3

•Lapis's POV (still)•

"What the fuck was that!?" I whisper-yelled. Immediately pulling my pistol out of its holster, I watched Peridot also pull out her own gun.
"I don't know, just be prepared for whatever." Peridot spoke in a calm voice and had a calm expression, I could tell my expression however was not calm at all. Just the bang alone made my heart race. I slowly walked out of the room with Peridot right behind me, we walked towards the backdoor leading to the backyard. The sound came from here, could that sound have been problem? Why would they be back? I glazed over my shoulder back to Peridot, she nodded. My heart began to race again, holding the pistol in my right hand and laying my left hand on the doorknob. I felt my heart pounding in my ears, the lump in my throat grew and my heart only raced faster. Peridot stood calm and ready, I've never experienced something like this, she's probably done this many times. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply, I threw open the door in a quick motion and moved my left hand back to the gun, now holding the pistol in both hands.
"Poli—!" I yelled and stopped mid way and just watched the scene in front of me.
It was a fucking raccoon, a raccoon! The dumb thing knocked over the metal tin trash can, I sighed and looked back at Peridot as the raccoon ran off. Peridot has this goofy smile on her face and you could tell she was holding back a laugh.
"Is this what it's like to be an FBI agent?" I asked jokingly, Peridot chuckled.
"Yeah, But I deal with squirrels." She smiled.

•Peridots POV•

Stupid raccoon... Like we would catch this person on day one, ha right. I walked back into the kitchen looking around for something else that might help us.
"I'll be in that room." I heard Lapis say as her footsteps got more silent. I didn't say anything in response since she was already back there. I opened a couple drawers, with gloves of course, looking to see if maybe a knife was missing. Never found anything though, with a sigh I walked back into the living room. Dried blood was everywhere, feel bad for who ever has to clean this up. I looked around even more, everything of value was still in the house, so it's not a burglary gone wrong type of scene. I scanned the floor, looking for more thing that would help, a tooth, clump of hair, nothing but dried blood. I looked at a large splotch of where some was, I let my head travel. There wasn't any signs of force entry, though the signs of a struggle were clear.
Is it possible they knew each other?
Accomplice threatening to tell on Problem?
Old friends?
Date?
Or just a sneaky killer?
I looked at the time on my watch, 4:52 PM. Maybe we should get the dried blood samples to the agency, and get some food. I haven't ate anything today and am honestly surprised I made it this far within the day.
"Aye Lapis!" I yelled.
She busted around the corner, holding on to the wall.
"What?" She asked.
"We should probably head out, we can always come back and check out that room." I spoke as my eyes drifted across the pictures on the wall, I look back to Lapis. "Plus I'm hungry as hell."
Lapis huffed a laugh, and smiled.
"Yeah lets go."
We'll definitely have to come back tomorrow and check out that room, I looked back at a picture of the victim and a older woman I assumed was her mother.
"Lapis do we have the mothers address?" I asked as I walked out the door and towards the police cruiser hearing the footsteps of Lapis behind me.
"Yeah, why?" She asked as we arrived at the cruiser.
"After we eat I would like to pay her a visit, ask her about that room." I slid inside the car as Lapis opened her own door. I closed my eyes for a quick moment and opened them again, I can't do that for long. I needed to distract myself. "Hey Lapis may you turn on the radio?" I asked as Lapis nodded and proceeded to turn on the radio. We just caught the beginning of my favorite song, well probably the only 'screamo-rock n' roll' song I'll ever like. Also a song that brought me back to the infamous "emo phase" that basically every kid goes through.
"LETSS GOOO!!!!!"
I tapped my finger along to the beat. Mouthing the words as it went on.
"With bloodshot eyes I watch you sleeping, the warmth I feel beside me is slowly fading. Would she hear me, if I call her name? Would she hold me, if she knew my shame?"
I looked at Lapis to see what she thought of this song, she was slightly bobbing her head and tapping her finger on the wheel.
"There's always something different going wrong! The path I walk is in the wrong direction! There's always someone fucking hanging on! Can anyone help me make this better!?"
I started to actually sing along instead of just mouthing the words.
"Your tears don't fall, they crash around me
Her conscious calls, the guilty to come home
Your tears don't fall, they crash around me
Her conscious calls, the guilty to come home
The moments died, I hear no screaming
The visions left inside me are slowly fading
Would she hear me, if I called her name?
Would she hold me, if she knew my shame?
There's always something different going on
The path I walk is in the wrong direction
There's always someone fucking hanging on
Can anybody help me make things bet-ter?
Your tears don't fall, they crash around me
Her conscious calls, the guilty to come home
Your tears don't fall, they crash around me
Her conscious calls, the guilty to come home
This battered room I've seen before
The broken bones they heal no more, no more
With my last breath I'm choking
Will this ever end I'm hoping
My world is over one more time!"

We pulled into the parking lot of a diner called the Knuckle Sandwich, a 50 and 60 type diner. However we didn't leave the car, Lapis was seemingly really enjoying the song. We let the song finish as we both sang along, I mean sure we may be a cop and a FBI agent in the middle of a stressful case, but that doesn't mean we can't act like 14 year old emo children for the next 2 minutes.

"Let's go!
Would she hear me, if I called her name?
Would she hold me, if she knew my shame?
There's always something different going on
The path I walk is in the wrong direction
There's always someone fucking hanging on
Can anybody help me make things better?
Your tears don't fall, they crash around me
Her conscious calls, the guilty to come home
Your tears don't fall, they crash around me tears don't fall
Her conscious calls, the guilty to come conscience calls
Better!
Your tears don't fall, they crash around me
Her conscious calls, the guilty to come home conscience calls!"

I sighed, I love reliving the life I hated, it's kinda weird. I smiled and opened the door to step out of the car.

Much Love ❤️

~Red

Did you like this chapter? Because I honestly don't know what to think of it... I liked the emo throwback though:)

ItS nOt A pHaSe MoM uGhHh!!!!!