20

{Defeat}
{Verb}
{to overcome or beat.}

Red pov

I've been locked in this house for a whole week with Ashanti crazy ass. I tried to escape once and her ass popped up out of no where and beat me till I passed out. I'm pretty sure I still have broken ribs too.

I finished cleaning the kitchen and I took a knife out the holder. I turned all the lights off downstairs as I made my way upstairs. I had cleaned every room in this house. I walked into Ashanti's room and undressed out of my clothes slowly. I took my time letting the soft fabrics fall from my skin. I neatly folded them and put them on the freshly made king size bed. I let the soft carpet caress the bottoms of my feet as I walked to the vanity and took my hair out of the sloppy bun.

I over looked the many scars that littered my light brown skin. I can't remember a time when they weren't there. I brushed my hair and then watched it curl up. It was soft but no longer thick and healthy, it was thinning and starting to break off. I took off the golden necklace Amanda had given me. I placed it ontop of my pile of clothes. I picked up the knife and went into the bathroom. I stood over the empty bathtub and turned the knobs so water started to fill it.

When there was a decent amount of water I slowly stepped in and sat down feeling my aching muscles relax. I stopped the water from flowing and picked up the knife.

I cut my ankles first because, everybody I've ever loved walked out on me. The water turned a light red but I didn't even flinch. Next I brought the knife to my thighs and hips I sliced them to signify, me being used for others sexual pleasure. My hands started to shake as I brought the knife to my wrists because I've been used as a human punching bag by too many people. The water was a pretty red but I wasn't done. I finished by carving a heart into my chest and then putting two lines threw it. I did this because, I've been broken to many times and my heart no longer exists. I let the knife drop outside of the tub I really felt at ease now.

Being here has given me time to just reflect on how trash my life actually is. I mean literally since I was a baby I've been abused, abandoned, and broken. And each and every time somebody comes and promises to make everything better and I believe them only to have my heart broken. I'm always left to pick up the pieces of my heart and then I'm supposed to act like I'm ok. I chuckled to my self as I sat in the warm red bath water. I was slowly bleeding out from multiple cuts on my person. This time was different from others in many ways.

One, this time I genuinely had no desire to live, before I just wanted to die but I didn't feel it as deep in my heart. Two, there was nobody here to stop me. Three, i felt no pain. Before it was like I was feeling everything and that made me hesitate but right now I felt absolutely nothing. Four, As I felt the darkness slowly take over me I didn't have that voice in the back of my head telling me to fight it. I had no fight left in me. This was the last straw, I couldn't stop myself from giving up and finally accepting defeat.

Thoughts on Red?
Dont forget to vote and comment.