Nervous

A/ N: IT'S ABOUT TO GET SO CUTE AND GOOD AND FUN AND FRESH

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE SAD SHIT.

EXPECT CUTE HAPPY NICE GANDREW CONTENT FROM NOW ON

LOVE U ALL

- NIC

Andrew

We'd decided to be friends but eventually, we both realized that the best way to move on was to spend some time away from each other and go from there. The first few weeks had been the worst for sure, I found myself crying every day. I'd decided to go back home for a bit to see my parents for the holidays, and he'd done the same. We both had each other on social media still so I could see everything he was posting, and he could do the same. There were nights when I'd wanted to call or text him, tell him that I missed him, but I knew that would only confuse him, so I didn't. I honestly wanted to be friends with him again, and he'd said the same, all we could do now was wait until both of us were ready for it.

"Hope you're having a good Christmas." - Garrett W.

I'd replied,

"Hope the same for you, have a wonderful day."

He probably wouldn't respond, which was expected, we hadn't really talked to much since the breakup. We were civil, but still, it was no Garrett and Andrew banter.

"Want to hang out when we get back? Miss you." - Garrett W.

I freeze, not knowing what to think. Of course, I wanted to but was it time? Would I be able to handle it? Without thinking, I respond back to him,

"I'm down, see you when we both get back to LA?"

I wait anxiously for his response, not knowing if he'd even respond, Garrett was weird about texting sometimes.

"Sounds good, I'll let you know." Garrett W.

Immediately I decide to call Shane, was I ready for this?

"Hello?"

"Shane?"

"Andrew? What are you doing up? It's midnight, go to bed."

"Garrett texted me."

"What?"

"He texted me, he wants to hang out."

"And?? What did you say?"

"Uh, I said yes?"

"Really? Is that a good idea?"

"I mean, it's been three weeks, I mean we probably should wait a little longer, but he asked, so what was I supposed to do? I didn't want to make things worse?"

"I mean, okay? Oh God, I'm so excited? Nervous?"

"Uh me too."

"Well, I'll see you when you get back?"

"Okay, goodnight Shane."

"Goodnight Andrew."

Tuesday came sooner than I thought, and before I knew it I was flying home. Shane and Ryland had agreed to pick me up from the airport, and I was ready to see everyone. I make my way towards baggage claim, ready to grab my belongings and get home. My phone buzzes in my hand, figuring it's Shane telling me he's here I look down. Sure enough, it was a message from him,

"We got your bag already, thank God for the American Airlines app... So just come on out to the G, we're at terminal C."

Aww, that was so nice of them, I text back and head towards the doors leading outside. I walk out towards the cars all lined up on the curb until I spot Shane and Ryland. They wave and motion for me to come on, I smile and head their way.