Our Little Secret

A/N: I just wanted to take a moment to say THANK YOU to everyone who reads my work. It honestly makes my whole day even just seeing that someone's voted for any of my works. It blows me away that people actually like my writing and continue to read what I write! You guys are the best!! Also a shoutout and dedication to my sweet babies who support me on here!!

@softandrew - thank u for being super supportive & hyping me up & being an amazing writer!!!

@gayernst - just an overall queen who is also super talented / thank u for ur awesome comments, they keep me going!!

@aubrie__ - YOUR COMMENTS MAKE MY DAY AND I LOVE U DUDE

@SadieBear7 - you've been so supportive of my writing this whole time, and for that thank you so much!!!

to anyone who votes/comments, I LOVE U!!!

- love Nic <3

Andrew

"So why don't you live with Uncle Garrett? My mommy and daddy love each other and they live together."

"Well Katie, I used to live with your Uncle Garrett for just a little bit."

"Really??" Her eyes widen and she smiles brightly up at me. I nod, reclining back in the seat we both occupy.

"Really. We would have movie nights, and cook dinner together and just tell a bunch of jokes. We laughed a lot."

"I love Uncle Garrett's laugh, it's so silly." I nod my head in agreement,

"It's the best sound in the world to me."

"Do you love my Uncle Garrett?" I pause before answering, the only other people in this part of the house were Linda and her sister, Tracy. I look at Katie for a second, motioning for her to come closer.

"I really do, but let's keep that between the two of us. I want to surprise your Uncle Garrett." She beams at me, her face a display of pure excitement. Her big blue eyes sparkling in the dimly lit living room.

"I love surprises." She pauses for a second before speaking again, "does this mean you'll be here for Christmas?"

"I hope so sweet girl, I hope so."

I can feel eyes on me and I look up from the small child sitting in my lap. Linda smiles at me warmly,

"I'm glad Garrett has a boy like you, you make his world whole." All I can do is smile, she wipes a tear from her eye and gets up. "Would you like some pie?" Katie, who'd almost fallen asleep in such a short span of time perked up at the mention of pie.

"Pumpkin??" Linda laughs softly and ruffles the little girl's hair,

"I'll get you both a slice, I hear pumpkin is your favorite also?" She looks quizzically at me and I nod.

"Yes ma'am," she huffs and shakes her head,

"Please, call me Linda." I nod,

"Thank you, Linda." She smiles and disappears into the kitchen.

By the time she comes back Katie is already asleep, she sets the pies down on the small table beside me. I mouth a quick thank you, and she nods getting back to her seat from across the room. I look at the sleeping child in my arms, I'd really been blessed to have this family. I can feel myself start to get emotional just thinking about being apart of Garrett's family. I really did love that boy so damn much. I swallow the lump in my throat, smiling down at the sweet girl resting on my chest. I can feel myself also begin to get tired, and before I know it I'm falling fast asleep.