4. On The Mind.

"So,  Aiden, since when did you work at the karaoke place?" Izaaq asked as a way to start the conversation. Leave it to Izaaq to fill in awkward silences or just plain silence. 
"Uh,  two weeks ago.  I'm just new but it is only a matter of time before I own my own karaoke bar," he answers smoothly as if he rehearsed it for an hour in front of the mirror.
"How old are you, again?" Wyatt asks him, now.
"26."

We got to know Aiden a little as we're waiting for our food to arrive. We finished eating our main course and then we waited for our desserts. Macaroons and lava cakes for each of us. As we were slowly eating our desserts,  Nicole kicked my leg a little under the table. She pointed me at a direction but before I could turn around,  I heard Izaaq calling someone's name. Actually, not just anyone's name. Zach.

I turned and saw Zach smiling at us and holding his hand up as a gesture of hello. Izaaq then did an unexpected move.  He invited Zach to our table to join us for dessert. Actually, when it comes to Izaaq,  that is actually very expected.  But, how the hell did Izaaq even know Zach?!

"So, how'd you two know each other?" I questioned as I took a bite from my chocolate flavored macaroon.
"Well, the assignment? " Zach looked at me in a weird way.
"Right.  The assignment, " I laughed awkwardly and took a sip out of my glass of wine.
"Well,  I am actually here with someone, " Zach says out of the blue.
"Really?  Who?" It's Nicole now.
"Her. Hey, Rachel!" Zach shouted at someone.

I turned to where he was aimed his shout and saw a short girl with honey blonde hair in a floral off-shoulder top matched with a black miniskirt and a pair of dark colored high heels. She turned to see him and waved back. She made her way to our table and Izaaq,  being charming,  as always, took a chair from an empty table nearby and put it between him and Zach for the girl to sit.

"Hey guys,  this is Rachel, " Zach introduced her to us. "My girlfriend, " he continued.

He looked at me differently when he said that last part. It was like,  'I'm sorry I didn't tell you about her'. And even worst,  I have a feeling.  Not a good one.  It's weird and unfamiliar.  I hate this feeling. This is the feeling I used to get every time I see Zach when we're in high school. Weird and unfamiliar. But I just know that it's not a good feeling. Whatever it is.

And even worst,  when they all tried to get to know Rachel,  I felt annoyed. And every time she answers a question that made her seem impressive,  I would roll my eyes. And when she made Zach laughed,  I rolled my eyes too.  For no goddamn reason! This is hurting my head.  I just can't stop thinking about it.  The feelings I get tonight. Specifically, the reason behind these feelings.  I just can't put my finger on it.

It has been on my mind till the end of the night and even when we got home,  I keep bringing up about Rachel.  I wanna stop so bad.  Because I know that Izaaq does not want to be talking about Rachel or Zach or anyone.  And honestly,  so do I.  But, I can't stop and this is hurting me. 

But things took a turn when Izaaq spoke up. A different turn.