7. Old Habits Die Hard.

Nothing's right. Sunday is supposed to be a day of fun. But today, it's nowhere near fun. I wake up later than usual. Actually, I didn't get much sleep last night. I spent the whole day in bed. Ordering takeout, watching movies, cry, more takeout, more movies, and more crying. At this point, I don't think I have any more tears left to cry.

The only time I ever had to get up is to go to the toilet and the kitchen. Oh, and to get the takeout from the front door. I know what you're thinking; if I order takeout, why would I need to get to the kitchen? Water. Water is the answer. Water is the reason. It rained for the whole day too. Which made it suitable to cry more.

People say that rain is an anagram for crying. Grieving. In Greek Mythology, The Hyades were daughters of Atlas by either Pleione or Aethra, one of the Oceanides and sisters of Hyas in most tellings, although one version gives their parents as Hyas and Boeotia. The Hyades are sisters to the Pleiades and the Hesperides. One day, Hyas was killed in a hunting accident and The Hyades wept from their grief. Thus, rain was created.

I don't really believe those things but in my case, right now, rain may be an anagram for crying. I have no idea what the hell is wrong with me. I hardly ever cry ever since I graduated college. Yes, I used to cry a lot in high school. I used to have anxiety attacks and I was depressed. That's why I used to see a therapist. I was thinking of seeing one but, I should try this on my own first.

My phone suddenly rang. I took it and saw the caller. It was my sister; Nia. It has been a while since we talked. So, I just swiped right and answered her.

Nia: Hey. What are you up to?

Me: Nothing. Why?

Nia: We are in New York. Sam has a meeting tonight. So, I was wondering maybe we should go out for dinner. Chill. The kids aren't with me. So, just the two of us?

Me: Hmm... Sure.

Nia: Perfect. But, you should pick a place because I am so lost in New York. How about 7?

Me: Sounds amazing. How do you feel about pizza?

Nia: Girl, you know my answer. Can you pick me up? We're staying at The Ritz-Carlton Central Park.

Me: Sure. See you later.

Nia: Great. You too.

The only reason I agreed to this is because I think I need a night out. And even if it's my sister, it's still great. I think I'll bring her to Danny's Pizza. She and my brother stayed in New Jersey after they got married. I, on the other hand, need to get the hell out of New Jersey. I actually spent a year in France after high school. Before I got into college.

I looked at the time. It's only 3 PM. I continued watching another movie until around 5.30 PM. And I just scrolled through my Instagram feed until 6 PM. I took a bath and put on a hoodie. Yes, I love hoodies and I have a lot of them. I put on my black leggings and dried my hair. My hair is naturally curly so I don't need a curler as it will curl itself once dried.

I started my makeup routine. First, a toner from The Body Shop. Then, moisturizer from Banila.Co bought in Korea. Then, I started with my BB Cream, also from Banila.Co. Then, I put on my primer along with an eyeshadow palette from Mary Kay. I curled my eyelashes using my favorite lash curler. I put on some winged eyeliner and then mascara to my lashes. I don't really use fake eyelashes except for a huge event. Like, a work event or something. I thicken my eyebrows and covered the edges with a concealer that was also used for my disgusting eyebags. I put on some blusher from Maybelline. And lastly, a lip therapy limited edition from Vaseline with a hint of red and smelled like apple spice followed by a lip gloss by Glossier.

I looked at the time and it is exactly 6.45 PM. Which is perfect because the duration from my apartment to Central Park is 10 to 15 minutes. I put on my wedges and headed down to the parking garage. I drove Central Park but due to the pick hours, the traffic isn't smooth. So, I got there a little late. I called Nia to let her know I arrived but as I predicted, she is not ready.

I waited for about 10 more minutes in the lobby before I saw her coming out of an elevator. She lost some weight. She looks skinnier than the last I'd seen her before. I know giving birth to two kids didn't help. She saw me and waved at me.

"Sorry I was late," she apologized.

"It doesn't surprise me. I guess old habits die hard, huh? I see you still refused to put on makeup after all this time," I smiled and she replied with a sarcastic smile.

"Where are we going?" she asks as I start my car.

"Danny's Pizza. The and I say the best pizza in all of New York. It's not that far actually. Just an 8-minute ride."

We listened to some of our favorite old songs that we used to sing together as kids. Once we arrived, we ordered two regular pizzas. I, as usual, ordered the chicken pepperoni and Nia ordered her favorite, beef pepperoni. As we wait for our pizza, we talked.

Nia: So, where's Izaaq now?

Shit! I say to myself. I forgot to tell her.

Nia: What?

Me: We, urm, broke up.

Nia: WHAT?! WHY?!

Me: He, urm

Nia: Cheated on you?

Me: I don't really know.

Nia: Girl, you oughta vent.

I sighed and told her the whole story.

Nia: Wait. So, Zach is here? In New York? As a photographer at Flora's Fiona? And so is Jessica? Who went out for lunch with Izaaq for a few times, not knowing that you were with Izaaq? And Izaaq didn't tell her because he is secretly still in love with her? And Zach is in love with you?

Me: Yeah. Pretty much.

Nia: Your life has never stopped being a drama.

Me: I know right? It is so annoying.

Nia: Why? Sometimes drama can be fun.

Me: Sometimes. But I just, I wanna be normal. Like everyone else. Like you.

Nia: What? You want kids? I'd be happy to give you mine.

Me: No. I just wanna be with someone who really loves me. That's all I've ever wanted.

Nia: Hmm... Maybe you need some time off. Like, go on a vacay. Go to France. Or just come back to New Jersey.

Me: That'll be a pass on New Jersey.

We laughed and talk to each other for the whole night. I brought her around New York to all of my fav places. It's been a while since this happened. This was a different kind of fun.

"When are you two going back?"

"Tomorrow. First thing I the morning. Sorry, hun. Just can't leave the kids."

"They are the buzziest buzzkill ever." We laughed and then said goodbye. I drove home and went to sleep. It was nice. Tonight was nice. I enjoyed it. I really enjoyed it.